:laugh:
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    This CAN'T be a serious post.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I know how to loose a lake in a week. Can't help with a pond sorry.
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Wow! You have 7 ponds? I'm sorry they're so tight. In order to loose a pond, I would let the dam go.
    In order to lose 7 pounds however, I would follow the advice given above.

lol!!!!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    loose a pond of what?
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    not-sure-if-trolling-or-just-very-stupid.jpg
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    Vacuum-to-Wet-Vac.jpg
  • andrejjorje
    andrejjorje Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Fantastic answer. Here is my adagio.

Go here and calculate your water weight. Subtract the 9 lbs you already lost. See if there is any room left. Everything is approximation but it will give you an idea.

http://www.medindia.net/doctors/clinical_cal/bodywater.asp

If you decide to go ahead follow the advice with the sodium and keep in mind that you won't lose water at the same speed.
    Try to drink as much as possible water every day. Lots and lots. This is going to flush the water out of your muscles.
    I just wanted to remind you that this is not a real fat loss. It is just a trick to reach your goal. As my predecessor said it is going to come back.

Please keep in mind that you cannot go beyond 7-10% dehydration from the total body weight (BW = 200 lbs -> 10% dehydration is 20 lbs). Everything beyond that point is risky.

so this is week two for me and Im trying to loose 7 pounds in 7 days to hit my weigh in goal on Friday. Does anyone have any tips on how to loose about 1 pound a day without starving yourself. My first week I lost 8.4 pounds but that was probably beginners luck so I'm sure this week will slow down. Anyways I just want advice on how to keep the momentum going thanks!!!

It might be a better idea to eliminate weight goals and dates, as it puts undue pressure on you to lose X amount by a certain date and if you should fail it gets people down.

If it was that important to you, you could manipulate your water balance throughout the week by messing with your sodium and water intakes, but it will all come back after
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    All of a sudden I wanna pee or go swimming IDK maybe I'll do both.
  • ntm76
    ntm76 Posts: 25
    Options
    losing 7 pounds is not the only issue with this poster. her about me:
    Feb 6th 2012 Starting weight 188.4
    Feb 13th 2012 180lbs

she also lives in the future
  • missfluffyuk
    Options
    Wow! Maybe in the future they've perfected some kind of fat loss pill that puts your weight into a tight pond that you need to loosen...
  • Classalete
    Classalete Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Gradually fill them with dirt.
  • snaggly
    snaggly Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Funny answers, some of you!

But hey, even when I was into those fad diets where I starved myself, I could not lose a pound a day. Initial week yes, but after that, it was at best about 2-3 Ibs a week, not any more than that. I was not able to sustain and put them back on anyway.
  • surfbody
    Options
    Everyone who diets continually forgets that 1lb a week is 52 lbs per year. can you imagine being 0lbs less by next christmas. What a gift!
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    This is silliness and it needs to stop.
    =D
  • surfbody
    Options
    oops. 50 lbs less by christmas
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that 8 lbs at the beginning may have had some water weight in it, or been mostly water. Most people tend to lose about 5lbs of water when they start getting healthy at the very beginning.

Now if you want to lose a pound a day, consider the math (and why that's really, really hard to do).
    A pound = 3500 calories.
    So lets say you burn 2000 calories a day just going about your business.
    That mean, without eating anything, you would be need to exercise an additional 1500 calories.

See why losing a pound a day is hard? If you're eating like a normal person... say 1500 calories a day, you only have a deficit of 500 calories now. Meaning you would need to burn 3000 calories a day, from exercise.

Don't be discouraged when your weight loss slows. Bear in mind 1-2lbs a week is generally healthy and normal. If you're making a radical change in your diet and exercise regiment, you might see a little more for a while. Just remember to keep your goals realistic.
  • mmcorner
    mmcorner Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Mostly water lost. 1 pound lost a day is not realistic or healthy for any human being. You didn't gain one pound a day, so please don't try some crazy fad diet to lose one pound a day. Don't sabotage your goal before you get start on your path to an health weight lose. 1-2 lbs a week is much more healthy. With that wieght loss you will be able to keep the weight off too. Crash diets never work.

this
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,633 Member
    Options
    so this is week two for me and Im trying to loose 7 pounds in 7 days to hit my weigh in goal on Friday. Does anyone have any tips on how to loose about 1 pound a day without starving yourself. My first week I lost 8.4 pounds but that was probably beginners luck so I'm sure this week will slow down. Anyways I just want advice on how to keep the momentum going thanks!!!
    Cut off your arm. Honestly, this isn't a very good way to lose weight efficiently and can/will really jack up your metabolism if you continue it for a length of time.
    It's not a race, it's not the Biggest Loser and losing weight this fast makes it so much easier to put it back one. Patience is a virtue...............for real.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition