Had a fall out on my "one week" anniversary! Help!!

Options
I was doing so well. I lost 8 pounds in 7 days doing MFP and apsolutly am thrilled. Today will be my first full week. I don't know what gotten into me but I ate a few things I shouldn't and am completly over my calorie goal!!! Help!!

Replies

• alexdecorde
    Options
    Everything Ive read says to allow yourself a cheat day every once in awhile. Just take a deep breath, and start off right tomorrow. One day wont set you back that far.
  • jenna715
    jenna715 Posts: 201
    Options
    A lot of people here give themselves 1 day or meal a week to completely splurge. If this was your only splurge this week, consider it your free day and move on. Some say eating whatever you want every once in a while will give your metabolism a boost. Just don't go completely overboard like 10,000 calories in a day or something haha.
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Losing a pound a DAY isn't healthy at all. What is your calorie goal set to each day?
  • scar9328
    scar9328 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Luckily it wasnt that bad! I was told today by a co-worker that I should allow myself a free day and thought the woman was crazy! Im glad im not the only one and am ready to get back on track!
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Get over it! Serioulsy, I don't even log one day a week.....I just enjoy good eats and make sure to get some exercise in. Remember, 1-2 lbs a week is what is going to stick so relax when you don't lose that in a day!
  • scar9328
    Options
    my calorie goal is set to 1930. Im eating healthy and drinking plenty of water. I just figured maybe it was because I was holding a lot of water....
  • ItsTiffanyFTW
    ItsTiffanyFTW Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Enjoying the foods you love (i.e. pizza, ice cream, etc) is okay once in a while in SMALL portions. Totally depriving yourself typically results in binging (binge-ing... lol... just looks funny). Pick yourself up and get refocused, tomorrow is a new day!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Don't panic, you've already lost a lot of weight (which people often report in the first week), that's a good start.
    I can't see your diary so I'm only guessing but it may well be that you've been under-eating so going over for one day isn't going to hurt - it could be your body demanding fuel!
    Really, it doesn't matter what you've already done, the important thing is what you do tomorrow - make sure you are eating a healthy amount and oding a sensible amount of exercise and you will be well on your way to a healthier future!
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    OK-just don't cry when you don't lose 8 pounds each week!LOL
    BUt, I go over every so often and am fine and have lost 1 pound a week steadily.
  • scar9328
    Options
    Well I understand I should get over it and deffiantly will now! I didn't think it was normal for me to splurge like this. I need to loose serious weight and as bad as this sounds..this is the longest i've stuck to a diet lol. I love how easy this is.
  • mrskesler
    mrskesler Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Losing a pound a DAY isn't healthy at all. What is your calorie goal set to each day?

If it's the 1st week, there is likely some water weight involved in those 8 lbs....

Scar9328 - I wouldn't beat yourself up over one day. Just get back on track tomorrow, and you'll do great!
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    if this was your anniversary then consider it your anniversary celebration. no worries about it. If you've been doing well within 7 days then one day isn't going to kill you. Be careful losing 8 pounds in 7 days.
  • scar9328
    Options
    Yes this is my first week and my calorie goal is 9300. I figured it was due to water weight.
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    First off, congratulations on your weight loss :)
    And second, don't worry! We all slip up from time to time. If it makes you uncomfortable to know that you went over go for a walk, or do some other exercise to make up for it. I know that makes me feel better when I overeat.

Keep up the great work.

♥melissa
  • scar9328
    Options
    Thankyou everyone!
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    You do not have to be perfect! Just jump right back in and start again where you are. You're doing fine. Weight comes off fast at first but don't expect to do this for much longer. Slow and steady wins the race. I didnt look at your calories but I hope they are at least 1200.:flowerforyou:
    Deb:drinker:
  • twinsanity
    twinsanity Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    Your body doesn't count calories on a daily basis - your brain does. One day shouldn't affect your goals at all. Tomorrow is a new day, just get back on track tomorrow and your body will be fine. And being that this is your first week, the 8 lbs in 7 days is pretty common, but yes, that will not likely be the case here in the near future...just don't be shocked when it's not. Good luck on your goals, you're doing great so far, just keep it up!! :flowerforyou:
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    You will have days like that. You might benefit from reading this blog: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/iddreams/view/overcoming-the-obesity-mindset-194711. It answers a lot of concerns that come up when you start this journey
  • Curvy1taliana
    Curvy1taliana Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    well you ate it (them) and there is no turning back now............ just pick yourself up with the resolution and determination to get back on plan tommorow...
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Yes this is my first week and my calorie goal is 9300. I figured it was due to water weight.
    ?? typo??