200+ lbs to lose... need similar friends

Options
I started my journey late summer of 2011 with a brief relapse in October-November. I then got some scary (ok, scary to me) news from the doctor on December 16, 2011. Therefore, I am considering December my start time. Ideally, I know someone my height should weigh about 160, so that is my ultimate goal. As you can tell from the profile picture, I am nowhere near that. I have roughly 265 lbs to lose to make it to my ultimate goal weight, but I would be happy with anything with a 1 as the first digit! In just a month, I have managed to lose 42 lbs simply with diet change and guidance from my doctor. I have a intermediary goal of losing 100 lbs by summer or June 1st.

All of that being said, I have just a few friends on MFP which are mostly family (whom I love dearly & wish them the best on their goals as well). I hope and feel I will ultimately be most successful if I have others with similar sizes and goals to keep me motivated, swap stories with, and hopefully gain as weight loss success friends!

If any of this sounds like you please feel free to reply or message! Thanks!

8685067.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Replies

• LauraLLee
    LauraLLee Posts: 210
    Options
    we have the same journey left and I am just re committing myself here. I was very active until late last summer when my marriage broke up and a bunch of other stuff but anyway...I started at 353 and am at 242...I also join a summer body group I can send you the link if you like. so add me as a friend if you want.
  • SFalconStorm
    SFalconStorm Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Well, I started this in early November and have 201 to lose. My goal is just 200, although I may change my mind when I get closer. It depends on how factors like blood pressure (which is hereditary for me) is looking as well as other obesity related health stuff. I'm lucky that I'm relatively healthy. I've gotten 34 pounds off so far. I think I'm coming along. I'll send you a friend invite.
  • AuntieLisa4
    AuntieLisa4 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I am would like to be around 250lbs by may. i am currently at 370.
  • SFalconStorm
    SFalconStorm Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    That's a lot of weight to lose in just over four months, auntielisa, unless you mean may of next year...
  • AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I started with 192 lbs in March 2011 and I have lost 83 lbs so far. Anyone that wants another friend for motivation feel free to add me.
  • jmdavis0105
    Options
    Thank you all who have responded!!! I can't wait to get to know each and every one of you and to continue on this journey!!! It looks as though everyone has gotten a great start so far, keep it up!!

If anyone else would like to be added please reply or message!!

8685067.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • shaparra
    shaparra Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi, i just joined and found that this is a great site. please feel free to add me. I need to loose bout 150 lbs but could use all the support :flowerforyou:
  • Bysshe
    Bysshe Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm Amy.
    I have 178 pounds to lose to get to my first BIG goal, which is 225.
    When I get there I'll evaluate where I want to be.
    In all reality, I'd love to be about 175ish. I don't think, sadly, I've weighed under 200 since elementary school!
    CW:398!
    Feel free to add me anyone!
    WE CAN DO THiS!
  • ImHoRnY6969
    Options
    What kind of sick person puts a green Kotex tampon in the veggie plate. I picked up said tampon thinking it was celery, only to be alarmed when this plastic wrap entered my mouth. I was appalled. If you agree, call my number 908 894 9202
  • caseybrader
    Options
    Hi, I'm Casey. I have just started this site but, I have heard that the support is great on here. I am at 285 lbs right now and I am hoping to get to 160 lbs, but I am with you just to see the first number be a 1 again would make me ecstatic. I have several things motivating me right now. Such as I have high blood pressure and thyroid problems and being a nurse I now what my risks are. I also want to have children in the near future and I have an upcoming family wedding in 9 months. I am also looking for good supportive friends. So please feel free to add me as a friend.
  • carleyfunk
    carleyfunk Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have about 90 pounds to lose. If you want to add me you can. I have pcos (poly cystic ovary syndrome) and I started this journey at the beginning of the year. I have lost a total of 12 pounds. It's surely a struggle. I would love offering words of encouragement along with getting some myself. I really only have two friends on here. I am pretty much the only one in my family trying to get healthy and it isn't easy.
  • denisegolden
    denisegolden Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    one year and six months ago i weighed 443 pounds, six months ago i weighed 354.4 and had gastric bypass, and now i weigh 238.6 pounds and am less than 64 pounds from goal...we can do it!!!
  • itswhytever
    Options
    When I started my weightloss journey with weightwatchers in January I needed to lose 200lbs exactly to be average weight for my height of 5'7'' but I lost 20lbs (very slowly) with ww and now I joined myfitnesspal today to try something new. I need to lose around 180 but I'm posting on here (well 180 is close to 200) because I need people who understand what I"m going through. I need support. My mom is losing weight faster than I am. She hasnt been over 300lbs since 2010, and it's really frustrating how fast she's losing without much effort :( So I just thought I'd come on here and try to make friends with people who get it... the struggle.... hope this site works for me. downloaded the app too.. feel free to hmu
  • ForMe31217
    ForMe31217 Posts: 42
    Options
    request sent :-)

anyone else.. please feel free to add me
  • futuresizeeight
    Options
    I have about 160 to lose to get to my ultimate goal of 150! Starting weight was 310 and current weight is 306. Anyone can feel free to add me.
  • BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Hi! I started my journey at 325 pounds. My ultimate goal would be about 150 but I would be happy at 160-180 (actually just to be in the one hundreds). I had VSG surgery on November 9, 2011. My current weight is 236 pounds.
    Feel free to add me as a friend.