Breast Feeding Members

Options
I was just curious about the calories allowed to add for breastfeeding. I have been hearing different amounts. I am new here and could use your knowledge and support!!! Thanks:)

Replies

• rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    for exclusive breastfeeding (no solids, or formula) its 500 calories a day :)
    you can add it to your daily diary, just search the data base for breastfeeding - theres different entries for different feeding schedules
  • ImHoRnY69
    Options
    Did you know you can actually BUY breastmilk? mmmmmm mmmm good. I like to purchase it by gallon but if you're making a recipe such as cookies i would only buy a pint or two. It depends how much your dealer can produce. And i have seen some coupons available at websites such as coupons.com. This comes in handy when breast milk is out of season!

Hope this helped. Happy Drinking!
  • Alanakrahenbil
    Alanakrahenbil Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    My daughter is 18 months and breastfeeds about 6 times a day/night still. Some days are more some are less. I chose the 3-5 times a day option, it takes off 300 calories. Hope this helps :)
  • soulshineblue
    Options
    You can enter that you are nursing under your foods and there are options that subtract calories. So every day I enter under breakfast that I am a nursing mom of an older baby and it subtracts 300 calories. For babies under six months or that are exclusively breastfed I would go with a 500 calorie option :)
  • ImHoRnY69
    Options
    Did you know you can actually BUY breastmilk? mmmmmm mmmm good. I like to purchase it by gallon but if you're making a recipe such as cookies i would only buy a pint or two. It depends how much your dealer can produce. And i have seen some coupons available at websites such as coupons.com. This comes in handy when breast milk is out of season!

Hope this helped. Happy Drinking!
  • ImHoRnY6969
    Options
    WOW. That is so good to know. I already found one. Their number is 908 894 9202. Hit them up.
  • madumond
    madumond Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies!!!