Chocolate Covered Banana Coins

Options
choconanas.jpg

Ingredients:
8 Dove Rich Dark Chocolate Squares
1 Medium Banana

Directions:
1. Slice banana into 12 coin-shaped pieces and set aside
2. Place 4 chocolate squares in a microwave safe bowl and heat in the microwave for 60 seconds
3. Dip six banana coins into the chocolate mixture, coating them well
4. Place chocolate coated coins on a sheet of aluminum foil or place inside a tupperware
5. Clean and dry your bowl, then heat the remaining 4 pieces of chocolate for 60 seconds (it is important that you clean your bowl, otherwise use a different bowl)
6. Dip remaining six banana coins in chocolate, then place with the rest of the coins
7. If using aluminum foil wrap the coins up, or if using tupperware secure the top of the tupperware tightly
8. Place in freezer for 2 hours
9. Serve and enjoy!

Servings: 4 per batch (3 coins per serving), approx. 110-120 calories per serving (it depends on size of coins and amount of chocolate used on each piece, but it should not exceed 120 calories)

A serving of Dove Rich Dark Chocolate Squares is 210 calories (for 5 pieces). These coins are 100 calories less, and although you only get 3 pieces per serving the bananas make it a more satisfying dessert :)

Replies

• siabevis
    siabevis Posts: 811
    Options
    Looks amazing!
  • CountryGal83
    CountryGal83 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Looks delicious!!!! Can't wait to make them!
  • smileyface45
    smileyface45 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • lilsassymom
    lilsassymom Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Wonderful idea! I think I have some chocolate chips in the freezer... I did just buy a ton of bananas!!!
  • sailondearsailor
    Options
    This recipe is really yummy and fairly easy to make :)

The only tricky part is coating the banana pieces with the chocolate. Melted chocolate cools off VERY quickly. That's why I only heat 4 chocolate pieces at a time. If you heat all 8 at once chances are your chocolate mixture will cool off and harden before you finish coating all 12 pieces.
  • Evy79
    Evy79 Posts: 30
    Options
    bump!
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • MiekeJ
    MiekeJ Posts: 139
    Options
    Oh dear - the thought of doing this with peanut butter makes me drool!

You've given me an idea! (its probably been done before - ha!)

Thanks

P.S. will try the nana ones too!

yum!
  • jdprice90
    Options
    Oh just reading the title got me excited i can't wait to make this!! Just have to keep from indulging too much but seems like a nice way to reward myself every once in a while :-) thanks!
  • jdprice90
    Options
  • ImHoRnY69
    Options
    Chocolate covered "bananas". Is this code for striking your flagellum?????
  • Wanda66
    Wanda66 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • kimhurt
    kimhurt Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Bump