Cardio v. Weights

Options
So I have an event in March that I want to wear an older yet super GORGEOUS dress too, that unfortunately, I've become a little too big for. I have about 2 sizes to lose, so I'm more focused on inches right now and not necessarily weight. So what do you suggest? Weights really hard then cardio? Cardio then weights? Just weights? Just cardio? To give you an idea, i'm trying to go from a 16 to a 12/14 (That's what it actually says on the tag). So I think I'll be safe aiming for a 12. (Don't think I'll make a 12 by the end of March, but that's what I'm aiming for!) Thanks!!!!

Replies

• QuentinHardage
    Options
    do both, weights twice per week, cardio at least 3 times per week. warm up before and cool down after. stretching with foam roller helps tremendously for release of muscle tightness and increasing strength.
  • SixPackIsMyGoal
    SixPackIsMyGoal Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Definitely both. Muscle burns more calories than fat. So every additional ounce of muscle you add is going to help burn off the inches.
  • teenysteaney
    teenysteaney Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi

I am in a similar position, needing slim down and improve my muscle tone and fitness levels before March.

Best advice I can think of is to pick up a copy of Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred and work your way through that. It does both cardio and weights in short manageable circuits and it really works - especially if its inch loss you're after.

I have already done it once and was really pleased with the results - I lost 5 inches off my waist and everywhere was tighter, more toned and a couple of inches smaller by the end. I was a completely different shape by the time I'd finished. I went from a UK size 16 to a UK 12.

I had to have a month of working out over Chrismas after going into hospital and just started the shred again today. I'm hoping working my way back through the shred and then go onto her Ripped in 30 dvd, that I had as a Christmas gift wil get me sorted out by March.