Lemons

Options
One of my MFP posted something about drinking hot lemon water. I researched ((some)) the benefits and wanted to share.

When combined with hot water, lemons provide multiple health benefits. In order to gain the most benefit from lemons and hot water, you should take it twice daily -- preferably in the morning.

Health Benefits…

DIGESTIVE AID: One of the biggest benefits of lemons and hot water is that it serves as a digestive aid. Drinking lemons and hot water regularly helps to eliminate waste within the body. This reduces such ailments as constipation and diarrhea. Its cleansing purities also relieve indigestion. When lemon interacts with the digestive tract, it cleanses the system and allows food to digest properly.

WEIGHT LOSS: Hot lemon water helps with digestion and assists with losing weight faster. By helping a body eliminate waste products easier, it cleanses the body and begins the weight loss process. It also flushes out the toxins, which aids weight loss. The processed foods do not come in their natural form. Instead they are created in factories. In order to begin weight loss, the body must first cleanse itself of the unnatural products. Once the cleansing has occurred, the body can lose fat.

CREATING BEAUTIFUL SKIN: Drinking lemon water can improve the youthfulness and look of your skin. Lemon and hot water aid the anti-aging process and help clear wrinkles and blackheads from the skin. The vitamin C contained in the lemon rejuvenates the skin from within your body.
ENERGIZING YOUR BODY: The energy a human receives from food comes from the atoms and molecules in your food. A reaction occurs when the positive charged ions from food enter the digestive tract and interact with the negative charged enzymes. Lemon is one of the few foods that contain more negative charged ions, providing your body with more energy when it enters the digestive tract.
CONTROLS HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE: Lemon water works wonders for people having heart problem, owing to its high potassium content. It controls high blood pressure, dizziness, nausea as well as provides relaxation to mind and body. It also reduces mental stress and depression.
ASSIST IN CURING RESPIRATORY DISORDERS: Lemon water assists in curing respiratory problems, along with breathing problems and revives a person suffering from asthma.

-Lemons are antiseptic

-Lemon water has excellent digestive properties and can ease heartburn, bloating and other digestion problems

-Lemon water cleanses and stimulates the liver and kidneys

-Lemon juice contains calcium, magnesium and potassium

-Lemon juice has been known to relieve asthma

-Lemon water (hot) offers relief from cold and flu symptoms while providing some much needed Vitamin C

-Lemon juice is a great skin cleanser

-Lemons help prevent the growth of pathogenic bacteria and the decomposition of tissue.

Replies

• DenverKos
    DenverKos Posts: 182
    Options
    bump
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I love that you posted this!
    I don't know what started it, but I've been drinking at least one to two cups of hot lemon water daily...first thing in the morning usually and then around bedtime.

And adding lemon to my ginger tea is soooo good
  • Indy_Mario
    Options
    Thanks, I'll start doing this too!

Hmmm...I wonder if limes work in a similar fashion.
  • jenniakers
    Options
    Thanks for posting. I've been trying very hard to drink at least 8 glasses of water a day. I'm gonna try this!
  • EMagineBeingEMazing
    Options
    wow! thanks! :)
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I eat lemons, the rine and all.. :)
  • chipvb
    chipvb Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My wife and I try to have a glass of lemon water everymorning.
    Great info, thanks for sharing
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I can attest that it definitely helps with the first one.

Now I wish I had some lemons.

Thanks for posting!
  • Lucyk00
    Lucyk00 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I've been trying this. But man! I hate lemons especially first thing in the morning. I think I'll try putting it in my tea, that actually sounds delicious.
  • DuckieMom
    DuckieMom Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I knew they were a nautural antiseptic, but I didn't know all those other things....LOVE IT! Thanks for sharing the info.
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, will have to try this :)
  • taffthetaxi
    Options
    is there anything a lemon can't do! :smile:
  • istutzman
    Options
    Thanks!!
  • pinkribbons4hope
    Options
    How much lemon do you need to add to how much water?
  • Divagettinfitin2011
    Divagettinfitin2011 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • monih10
    monih10 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I think I'm gonna give this a try!! =]
  • lolibunny
    lolibunny Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    bump
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    This is great! Thanks for posting
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting, I love lemons.

I use fresh lemon juice as my salad dressing, its wonderful.
  • NicoWoodruff
    NicoWoodruff Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I've been enjoying a half lemon of juice in a mug of warm water every morning for awhile. I can tell it does good things for my digestion. Honey would make it taste a little better but I don't want the extra calories so I just wait for it to cool a bit and drink it down. I've tried putting the lemon into my black tea to save time but I prefer it without the lemon.