Whey Protein

Options
2»

Replies

• Steffi330
    Steffi330 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I have mine after a long run or weight training usually shoot for within an hour or so of being done with my workout. I don't drink mine as a shake all the time I usually have it pancakes or oatmeal and sometimes a shake if I add a small banana! Muscle milk and EAS chocolate Whey is yummy and relatively inexpensive but EAS has fewer calories (130cals EAS vs 150cals MM) and 7 grams of more protein per scoop vs. muscle milk! EAS 23 grams of protein MM 16 grams of protein per scoop.

Banana Chocolate Protein Pancakes
    3 egg whites or 1/4 cup
    2 ripe bananas
    1-2 scoops of protein

mix together!

cook like reg. pancakes 2-2 1/2 mins per side on medium heat make sure you spray your pan!

makes 6 pancakes 5-6 inches big about 400-530 calories total I usually split that with my bf!

Top with powdered sugar/cinnamon sugar or blueberries super yummy!

The pancakes sound yummy... thanks for sharing recipe!!
  • Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    i drink it as a snack during the week. Sometimes I drink 3 servings a day.
  • StephJ0nes
    Options
    I have a question regarding Whey Protein and weight loss. In the morning I have a protein shake with usually a cup of frozen berries and either a cup of fat free milk or OJ with Vanilla Whey Protein for my breakfast. Now, I drink it after I do my workout on the treadmill on the way to work. So, if drinking it right after a workout helps build muscle, could this be why I am not losing pounds?? That I am building my muscles up?? I am pretty overweight and have been using the treadmill for a few months trying to get these pounds off and the scale is barely moving! I usually eat between 1200-1500 calories a day. I am totally new to eating healthy and exercising so all of this calorie watching and exercise is kind of Greek to me. Thanks for any help!!
  • neversettle
    neversettle Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I mix mine into a smoothie after I get home from a strength training session at the gym.
  • greenhumanclay
    greenhumanclay Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I have mine after a long run or weight training usually shoot for within an hour or so of being done with my workout. I don't drink mine as a shake all the time I usually have it pancakes or oatmeal and sometimes a shake if I add a small banana! Muscle milk and EAS chocolate Whey is yummy and relatively inexpensive but EAS has fewer calories (130cals EAS vs 150cals MM) and 7 grams of more protein per scoop vs. muscle milk! EAS 23 grams of protein MM 16 grams of protein per scoop.

Banana Chocolate Protein Pancakes
    3 egg whites or 1/4 cup
    2 ripe bananas
    1-2 scoops of protein

mix together!

cook like reg. pancakes 2-2 1/2 mins per side on medium heat make sure you spray your pan!

makes 6 pancakes 5-6 inches big about 400-530 calories total I usually split that with my bf!

Top with powdered sugar/cinnamon sugar or blueberries super yummy!

The pancakes sound yummy... thanks for sharing recipe!!

Your very welcome!! :bigsmile:
  • RedHotChiliSteppers
    Options
    Thanks everyone for this great help and advice. I want to lose weight but also want to try this and see if it helps my body heal and build some muscle. Thanks, I will try taking it after I workout.