Meals or recipes that are around 300 calories

Options
Hi all

I am looking for meal ideas or recipes that are around 300 calories per serving. Preferably low fat and low gi too! Thanks!

Replies

• sarajo16
    sarajo16 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hi a favourite of mine is a steak salad (usually 3oz fillet) with mixed salad leaves and spinach with goats cheese and baby beetroot. I drizzle a little bit of balsamic dressing over this and if I've enough calories I add some pine nuts. This is about 300 calories. Another good one is lemon chicken with couscous. Bake the chicken with some lemon juice, add some chicken stock to the couscous for some flavour.

I hope either of these are some help.
  • vavavoom83
    Options
    steamed cod parcels from http://www.tescorealfood.com/recipes - loads of ideas there x

Each serving contains

* Calories 220 11%
    * Sugar 5g 6%
    * Fat 5g 7%
    * Saturates 1g 5%
    * Salt 0.2g 3%

of your guideline daily amount

* 1tbsp olive oil
    * 2 Finest echalion shallots, finely sliced
    * 1 large fennel bulb, trimmed and finely sliced
    * 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
    * 125ml (4fl oz) white wine
    * 4 x 125g (4oz) pieces cod loin
    * 1 lemon, half cut into 4 slices (keep the other half for squeezing over the peas)
    * 4 stalks lemon thyme
    * 350g (12oz) frozen peas
    * large handful fresh mint leaves, chopped
    * new potatoes, to serve

Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200ºC, fan 180ºC. Tear off 4 x 40cm (16in) long pieces of nonstick baking paper for your parcels.

Heat the oil in a large nonstick frying pan over a medium to high heat and cook the shallots, fennel and garlic for 10 minutes, or until softened and golden. Add the wine to the pan and bubble for a minute. Remove from the heat and divide the shallot mixture between the parcels, top each with a piece of fish, scatter over a little salt and pepper then top with a slice of lemon and a sprig of lemon thyme. Spoon over the wine sauce. Scrunch up the edges of the baking paper to seal into a parcel. Put the parcels on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 15 minutes, until the fish is cooked through.

Meanwhile, bring a pan of water to the boil and add the frozen peas. Cook for a couple of minutes, then drain. Put in a bowl, add the mint and a squeeze of lemon, then crush lightly and season.

Place the parcels on 4 plates to be opened at the table. Serve with the minted peas and some new potatoes, if you like.
  • CallmeSbo
    CallmeSbo Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Schwenn
    Schwenn Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Did you know if you type into a search engine "meals under 300 calories" you get a list of recipes??
    I Know - how good is that?
  • 1a1a
    1a1a Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you can get 100s of recipes that way, but that's no guarantee they taste good. At least by asking on mfp, you get the filter of human experience.

Bump.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    kermanig bakery sells these foccasia's... they are so good! its an entire pizza for around 240 calories! my favorite is the spinach and cheese! very filling, lots of flavor, and they are sold at costco during road shows!!! http://www.kermanigbakery.com/index.php/spinach-n-cheese-focaccia.html