Sisterhood of Holy Crap I fit into these Pants -- Week 19

Options

Replies

• MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Sorry I have been MIA... I finished taking my antibiotics, and then broke out in hives!!! I don't know if the "old regulars" remember, but my daughter had a really bad reaction a few months ago... I guess it was my turn! I've been itching like crazy, and am covered with calamine lotion...

I didn't lose anything, but had a feeling it was going to be that way. I'm going to really be pushing myself hard beginning with next week-May has been my hardest with the diet aspect of losing weight! My husband is going out of town for a week, and so it'll be the perfect time for me to really put my nose to the grindstone...
  • hopetobeinshape
    Options
    Resa Im so happy you are back! I too have put my nose to the grindstone starting today :drinker: Im sorry you are so itchy :sick: But at least you maintained!

Feel better :flowerforyou:
  • TaeKonDomama
    Options
    Hello I'm new here. I've been on my weight lose journey since the 1st week of thei month.By the 9th I joined a gym and finally weighed :embarassed: 378 pounds. I have SO much to lose still. But since the 9th with my food plan and exercising 6 days a week I have lost 12 pounds. I got brave enough to try on the pants to my TaeKwonDo uniform that I could barely get scooched up, but not able to breathe in. But tonight after class I was able to get them on easier and even breathe in them. I still have work to do to fit in them right. But I am happy I am progressing. Anyway I saw the name of this thread and just had to jump in. It struck a cord with me and my pants.

So Hi eveyone, I hope you don't mind me jumping in on you all.
  • rosabella
    rosabella Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Welcome! We're glad to have you here! :happy:
  • rosabella
    Options
    Bump - where are my sisters??
  • hopetobeinshape
    Options
    I am here! Just sitting at work on a friday night...wishing I was at home working out :frown:
  • hopetobeinshape
    Options
    Morning ladies! Hope everyone is having a wonderful wkend and is keeping up their water and exercising :drinker:
    Im off to go for a run and going to do the 30 day shred today, yesterday was not a good day eating wise for me, so Im trying to get back on track today :tongue:
  • tidwelljw
    tidwelljw Posts: 146
    Options
    Well my competition at work is not over yet...Thank goodness! I went to the beach about two weeks ago and gained about 5 lbs down there. I have lost about 3 of them since I have been back, but still not down to where I started at! The contest ends at the end of june so i still have one more month! The wife is doing good...she is 6 mos pregnant now and due at the beginning of Sept., we are having a little girl. I couldn't remember if I had told all of you yet. I haven't worked out in about a month and a half now. with the move and all that I have done nothing but come home and work at the new house, since I am the only one that can lift anything I have been having to do quite a bit more. But it's all worth it! I am setting my start date for sunday as my day to get back in the saddle! I am starting P90x all the way back over from square 1 and it's gonna be more focused this time around. Don't get me wrong I was glad to lose 30 lbs off of it, but I want to start getting cut up! LOL! What are the stipulations for the water challenge? I'm game. Are we still doing weigh ins on tuesdays? I'm a little out of the loop!
  • TaeKonDomama
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome. I was hoping nobody would mind me just hopping in. I went to the gym yesterday and found out I lost anther 4 pounds. Last night I had a big craving for one of my favorite meals. But it was after I had all I was planning to eat for the day. Usually when I crave it is for junk. But this was for a baked sweet potato and 1/2 c fat free cottage cheese. So I went ahead and ate it because I figured my body was really wanting something that was in there for me no want it so badly. I have so far been on the right track listening to it when it wants healthy stuff like that. During this quest to get into my box of saved jeans that has been waiting in the bottom of my closet for over a decade for me to get back in them, I have really been trying to listen when my body wants the good and so far lucky it has not been to bad about the junk. Usually I crave the junk and end up cheating. Then I get feeling very bad because I try to move around with not anything good fuelwise in my tank. But this time I am doing my class 2 days a week and the gym 4 days leaving 1 day to rest. But this past week I had the urge to walk a mile track on that day so I dragged out my son and we walked. It was the wrong time of day to walk outside with the Summer here but for once I was not ready to pass out from the heat I'm not used to.

Hopetobeinshape have fun with your run.
  • hopetobeinshape
    Options
    Mister! We are so glad your back :happy: Water challenge is too make sure that you get in all 8 glasses of 8 ounces. We are doing challenges each wk to give ourselves an extra push. And our weigh ins are still on Tuesday :drinker:

TKDmama good job with the giving in to healthy food instead of junk food, it is a huge step in the right direction. And congrats on another four pounds!
  • PunkinHeadsMOMMA
    Options
    Hi everyone!!
    I've been soo busy lately. :smile: Friday I jogged for 18 minutes straight! I got to town the other day, so I'm so glad to have fruits and veggies in the house. :laugh: There was a bunch of stuff on sale, so some of it I got and cooked up and then froze for my munchkin's meals.
    So glad to see old and new faces milling around again.:laugh:
    Mister: it takes a real man to raise a girl! If my tough-on-the-outside cowboy of a hubby can melt when his little girl gives him those eyes, anyone will. And don't even try to say any different. It's a special thing you'll have with her, cherish it, cuz she will.:wink:
    TKDmomma -- glad to have you. I wish I craved healthy things!:noway: I'm a junk food junkie:laugh:
    Hope everyone has a great weekend! Tomorrow I think I'll fit my jogging in around going fishing...hmmm that sounds like a plan! :laugh:
  • pepamint83
    pepamint83 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    congrats mister on the little girl u got many sisters here for support...i was mia for another lovely holiday the last one till the jewish new year thankfully ate well been not feeling great weather not great did not exercise yes or today which i feel completly guilty over. swine flu has taken over my dads life (pediatrician in ny in the hot bed of it all) poor thing is so exhausted mama is sick and busy which is why shes been mia finally finished school blah blah blah

i was doing well on my smoothie fix till we i got very ill and headachy and dad and mom said smoothies can not be the only thing i put into my body so i had for dinner tuna on a whole wheat wrap with a pickle but im still doing smoothies love them..

how were thsoe flavors how is everyone i missed u so miss me?

xoxo

snail aka tortoise aka ari aka ariella
  • rosabella
    Options
    Of course we missed you pepamint. :)

I'm here for another day of the hot Houston sun... yay... I :heart: my airconditioned gym in the complex... I need to go today, someone make me! (I took yesterday as my off day, lol.)

I still want to do a sleep challenge next week - I never get enough sleep and our bodies need it! Who's in?
  • PunkinHeadsMOMMA
    Options
    Of course we missed you pepamint. :)

I'm here for another day of the hot Houston sun... yay... I :heart: my airconditioned gym in the complex... I need to go today, someone make me! (I took yesterday as my off day, lol.)

I still want to do a sleep challenge next week - I never get enough sleep and our bodies need it! Who's in?
    I'd be in if I could:laugh: The munchkin and hubby (yes it's true he's helpless in the mornings), usually don't let me though. Pre-baby I was a professionaly sleeper:cry: . Anyway, go to the gym! There, I made you:laugh: I took yesterday off too. I don't want to today either, but I always say that in the mornings. By afternoon, early evening, I'll have the energy.:bigsmile:
  • pepamint83
    Options
    morning all smoothie heaven (mixed berries) then workout saw star trek last night really good
  • rosabella
    Options
    Haha, thanks Momma! I just went and I feel SO much better for it! :)
  • TaeKonDomama
    Options
    I really have to shake myself up. After trying on my uniform bottom and having such a good experience I decided to go against my normal self and do the TKD tounament next month. So I have to keep up the hard work so I can be as fit as possible for that. Also I tried on a pair of jeans this morning that have been waiting for me in the closet for over 6 years because I got too big. I got them buttoned and zipped, and could breath. Now sitting down or moving around I can forget about for rith now, but soon, very soon I will be back into regular jeans not those ones with spandex mixed in the denim.

Pumpkinheadmomma, I normally crave the junk too. That's why I am so big. But this time of losing weight is diffrent to me. I have not had the difficulty with the junk I usually do, leading to cheating on the diet and stopping it completely. I do still have the random thoughts but it is much easier to tell the junk wanter in me "NO!!!" and mean it.

Well it is 1:48 my time so I'm hitting the some nice ZZZZZZ's. I hope everyone has a nice and energetic day for a Monday.
  • pepamint83
    Options
    gmorn afternoon evening all - just made a gr8 smoothie oj and strawberries hows everyone doing with fruist veggies and water? ive been drinking loads of iced tea trying to cut down the diet soda and taking iced tea with me on my walks since its getting hot in nyc

tae ive been craving pizza a lot lately i fake it but i know its not the same lol

xoxo

ariella

ps i think i need to get something to hold my iPod when i walk like the arm one ne suggestions cause my mom said my bro had one and hated it
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I feel like such a bum for not getting on here more often!!! I hope everyone is doing well today-it's been pretty crazy over here lately... Alaskan summers are just so short, and we crazy people try to cram as much as we possibly can in just 3-4 months!

I'm off to do a step aerobics class with my mom... Pretty embarrassing, really, because she's been doing classes since I was in diapers, and she makes 20 year-olds look like a bunch of weenies! I swear, she doesn't even break a sweat! It makes me want to push myself a little harder, though, because I feel like a dork if I can't keep up with her!

Hope everyone had a great day!
  • sudzie88
    sudzie88 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    pep: i got an ipodzoo one off of amazon.com for like $4 that i love - there are def cheap and good ones out there... and the armband is totally the way to go!