Does anyone else find this ridiculously easy?

Options
Makes me really question how I let myself gain 65lbs. in two and a half years.

Just keeping track of this stuff and going to the gym has made such a difference!

Besides using the food tracker here (I love the iPhone app with the barcode scanner!!!!) I now go to bed earlier and go to the gym for a quick 45 minute eliptical workout before work.

It just plain feels fantastic!!

I wish you all the best of success!

Replies

• SlimStacey74
    SlimStacey74 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Awesome job Bill!!! Keep it up!!
  • Lawnbfrench
    Options
    Hi,yep,I'm finding this almost too good to be true,but it isn't... happy happy happy x
  • Kimberly874
    Options
    It is easy, I agree!.. I have the app on my Droid phone and love the barcode scanner as well. This is so much better than Atkins!
  • amonkey794
    amonkey794 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I agree I should have done this 3 years ago!
  • tjoyner10
    Options
    Hello everyone,

It's my first day to the rest of my life. I'm been struggling with my weight for the last ten years. I have tried every diet known to man. I lost and regain even more so now I'm trying some good old fashion hard work to accomplish my goal. I'm been exercising on and off for the last year with no results. I'm taking a look at my eating habits because I believe that's my core issue. I wish everyone luck and let do it together!!
  • Fubar_Bill
    Fubar_Bill Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

It's my first day to the rest of my life. I'm been struggling with my weight for the last ten years. I have tried every diet known to man. I lost and regain even more so now I'm trying some good old fashion hard work to accomplish my goal. I'm been exercising on and off for the last year with no results. I'm taking a look at my eating habits because I believe that's my core issue. I wish everyone luck and let do it together!!

I have found that the hardest thing with working out is finding a consistent schedule.

Over the past year I had several spurts where I went to the gym for a few days here and there, but it always got interupted by life.

Now, with my morning workouts, I maintain my same work schedule and all I needed to do was to go to bed a bit earlier.

This is what works for me. I hope you find something that works for you.

Get it, set it, and stick to it!

All the best,

- Bill
  • 23saint
    23saint Posts: 11
    Options
    I too have gained about 60lbs in two yrs,the heaviest I've ever been! Add me if you'd like,I'm determined to get back to where I was!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Not trying to discourage anyone, because I think this site is amazing and really give it all the credit for my own success in this journey, but bear in mind that you WILL hit a wall with your weight loss at some point and will need work hard on staying motivated. Be sure to add lots of encouraging friends and continue to check in here even when you get to a point where your losses slow down because that's a time when you need the support more than ever.

Congrats on your success so far, and keep plugging away!!
  • Poeticmoe
    Poeticmoe Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Its my first day using the site, but it does seem very user-friendly and doable. What took me so long to get with the program?? :)
  • Kgoodwin17
    Options
    Tell me about the bardcode scanner. I also have a droid but haven't discovered that fauture yet.
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I think it's easy, too, but I have hit a couple of nasty plateaus. That's when the MFP community really helps! First, I had the support of my MFP friends to motivate me. Next, I had the forums, where I could read about other people's plateaus and how they broke them. The plateaus were still there, but I was able to work through them and not give up.
  • rbarlow46
    rbarlow46 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Way to go Bill, keep up the great work. I love this site and I love the app on my iphone that allows me to scan the bar codes...makes it sooo much more easier. !
  • sekzymexi
    Options
    Yes! I love it! Tracking everything has helped me so much! And there is an adroid app you can download that lets you scan what you ate and logs it in for you. Its awesome! Just search my fitness pal in your market and it should come up.
  • NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Easy? No, I think it's hard work. Simple? Definitely. There's no trick to it. Eat less, eat better, move more. :tongue:
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    it isn't easy but it's buying into the whole idea of being healthier, and it's a GREAT feeling!
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I couldn't believe how simple the process was when I started almost 2 years ago. It takes dedication, but to think of all the years I wasted "overweight", thinking I couldn't do this, when all I had to do was learn. Now that I have learned about food, portions and nutrition, I couldn't imagine ever eating another way again. I lost 62 pounds in under a year, gained 12 back in the last 3 months after an accident but am on my way to losing them again. For me, it takes a combination of nutrition and exercise. Even eating the correct amounts, when I couldn't exercise after my car accident, the weight came back. Now I am back exercising and seeing the fat disappear again and transform back to lean muscle.
  • karinaes
    karinaes Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Makes me really question how I let myself gain 65lbs. in two and a half years.

Just keeping track of this stuff and going to the gym has made such a difference!

Besides using the food tracker here (I love the iPhone app with the barcode scanner!!!!) I now go to bed earlier and go to the gym for a quick 45 minute eliptical workout before work.

It just plain feels fantastic!!

I wish you all the best of success!
    that is awesome!! congrats!
  • gottolosethisfat
    Options
    I have this on my iPad and blackberry, I have got my friends addicted to it. I didn't realise there was a scanner will have to have a look for it
  • Fubar_Bill
    Fubar_Bill Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    You know, the sad thing is that I did a quick calculation and realized that if I had just stuck to 2 of my high cardio 45minute workouts each week for the last two and a half years and I would have been 52lbs. lighter.

I look forward to hitting my goal weight and cutting my excersize back to a reasonable maintenance amount each week.

Cheers!

- Bill
  • blissy_girl
    blissy_girl Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    That is awesome, Bill.

I just started on the site and I am loving it so far! We will see if it is "easy" for me too.