Coffee,diet tea,diet soda & water?

Options
Are all 0 calorie drinks considered as water?????

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,961 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

As far as I know, only water and herb tea qualify as water.

I stay totally clear of anything with any artificial sweetener.

It takes practice to drink enough water and to drink unsweetened tea, but it is worth the effort.

Take baby steps toward your goal and you will be successful.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • scplummer
    scplummer Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I always live with this rule: anything with caffeine, carbonation or artificial sweeteners cannot be counted towards your water consumption. :drinker:

165415.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Honeybunn
    Honeybunn Posts: 39
    Options
    Although some drinks may not have any calories, they may still contain sodium. I would stick with the water and try to avoid artificial sweetners all together.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    only water is water. anything else DOES have additives, even if they are calorie free. Will they still hydrate you, YES, but do be honest I would not count anything alcoholic or caffinated in your daily fluid intake.

I like to stick with plain water for about 98% of my beverages, but it you prefer other drinks that's fine, your choice.
  • tonya1mt
    tonya1mt Posts: 16
    Options
    I only count my water and herbal teas for water. I do drink coffee and green tea as well. However, I do not add anything to my tea or coffee. Guess I'm one of those strange folks that don't like to "contaminate" my tea and coffee. :drinker:
  • kayovercomer
    Options
    Water is the only beverage whose properties are changed by adding all that other stuff. It's the best choice but I have to force myself. Yes, calorie free sodas are as calorie free as water as is tea, the difference is water is a transporter, eliminating fat, cleaning our organs, all that healthy stuff.
    While diet sodas and most teas are actually eliminating water from our systems and putting us into a deficit, which is not what we need.

I have read that green tea does aid in weight loss and has a host of health benefits but water is desired daily. Just the taste is so bland.
  • tonya1mt
    tonya1mt Posts: 16
    Options
    kay...... I completely agree with the "bland" statement. I have found that if I don't have X amount of caffeine each day, I will bloat up. I can gain 4lbs in one day and this is even with a low sodium diet. I was gone over memorial weekend. I only had 1 cup of coffee the whole time and my diet was very similar to normal. When I got home I weighed 6lbs more than when I left. After 2 days of having my 2 cups of coffee in the a.m., I lost those 6lbs.

I just can't stick to plain water and nothing else.
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
    only water is water. anything else DOES have additives, even if they are calorie free. Will they still hydrate you, YES, but do be honest I would not count anything alcoholic or caffinated in your daily fluid intake.

I like to stick with plain water for about 98% of my beverages, but it you prefer other drinks that's fine, your choice.

I TOTALLY agree with you on the water. I only count my actual plain water as my water for the day, which i usualy drink at least 5-500ml bottles, which is 10 cups i do not count my morning tea in with my water intake either, Glad someone agrees with me!!:drinker:
  • Mrsfun44
    Mrsfun44 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thank you all - I'll drink the water!!