any good pork chop recipes

Options
ashquin
ashquin Posts: 248 Member
i am making boneless pork chops for dinner tonight. any good healthy recipes for them?

Replies

• amazon75
    amazon75 Posts: 165
    Options
    When I was growing up we would have pork chops baked in an awesome mustard sauce. I made a slightly modified version recently that turned really good.

Season boneless pork chops with seasoned salt and pepper.
    Slice a medium onion over the chops.
    Mix together a can of Campbells Healthy Request Cream of Chicken Soup, about 3 T yellow mustard and 1/2 cup of water.
    Pour over the pork chops and onions and bake.

Serve over brown rice and add a vegetable and it's a meal.
  • maryjay51
    maryjay51 Posts: 742
    Options
    i grill mine with rosemary, pepper and freeze dried onion rub on it
  • amazon75
    amazon75 Posts: 165
    Options
    Sorry, I meant 3 tsp mustard. But depending on your taste you may want to start with 2 and add more.
  • kimistry35
    kimistry35 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I NO LONGER EAT PORK CHOPS SINCE I STARTED MY DIET ON JAN. 3 OF THIS YEAR I EAT TURKEY CHOPS AND I BAKE THEM THE SAME WAY I WOULD COOK THE PORK CHOP.

WASH THEM
    ABOUT (4-8) CHOPS
    NO SEASON
    1 BOTTLE OF LITE ITALIAN DRESSING
    PLACE IN GLASS BAKE WARE (I THINK IT BAKE BETTER THAT WAY)
    MAKE SURE THE DRESSING COVERS THE CHOPS
    BAKE AT 300 FOR THIN SLICE CHOPS AND 350 FOR THE THICK CUT CHOPS
    COVER WITH FOIL AND BAKE FOR 30 TO 90 MINS DEPENDING ON THE THICKNESS...........
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    This is one of my favorites. I know it calls for bone in, but I always buy boneless chops!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ellie-krieger/sage-rubbed-pork-chops-with-warm-apple-slaw-recipe/index.html
  • carolafye
    Options
    I love, love, love putting just a little bit of salt, pepper and thyme on my pork chops. When you brown them with the thyme, it's amazing! :)
  • firedudecndn
    Options
    I hope you take this the right way, LOL, I'm not a fan of pork

My recipe:

Take pork chops and toss in garbage
    Acquire steak

Prepare as desired

Check for well doneness by pleased look on family's faces,

(just kidding around!!!)
  • nathan72
    nathan72 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    i just use some olive oil Pam cooking spray and Jerk Seasoning. I cook in the oven at 350 (about 20 min...just check). They turn out awesome!:smile:
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I bake mine with bbq sauce and california salad dressing mixed together. Or just throw some sodium free herbs and spices on top and grill. There's tons of different recipes. Fillet the porkchop and put stuffing in the centre, dice it up and make a stir fry.
  • janjtaylor
    Options
    marinaded in a caesar dressing and topped with parm under the broiler.
  • mrsweigl
    mrsweigl Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I marinade them in soy sauce, honey and garlic and then throw em on the grill...yummy!
  • dontstopnow
    Options
    ohh last night i grilled mine on the george foreman after they'd been marinading with chopped onions and mrs. dash spicy teriyaki marinade. it was super DELICIOUS!
  • blueandigo
    Options
    Yes it's called don't eat the pork chop.
  • JennBrown83
    JennBrown83 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I put Ted Reader's "Bone Dust" on them and then the fiance grills them when he gets home. I serve them with baked sweet potato fries and some kind of veggie, not sure how "healthy" the Bone Dust is... it's lots of spices but not too much salt or sugar though, I don't think so anyway. And Bone Dust works for pork chops, chicken breasts, whole chickens, steaks, roast of beef, roast of pork... pretty much any meat that isn't fish LOL
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    I just made some very thin, boneless pork chops this weekend. I just browned them in a little olive oil, and threw on the spices........I have this Asian spice mix I got from Pampered Chef that has become my new "go to" spice, along with some pepper and a bit of worcestershire sauce. Served it with Bush's Baked Beans Maple (the perfect compliment to pork) and some brussels sprounts. Tasty!
  • tammie141
    Options
    I tried a recipe from skinnytaste.com this weekend for pork chops and they were delicious.

Pork Chops with Dijon Herb Sauce

Servings: 4 • Serving Size: 1 chop • Old Points: 4 pts • Points+: 4 pts
    Calories: 166.5 • Fat: 9.2 g • Carb: 2.6 g • Fiber: 0.2 g • Protein: 16.4 g

1 tsp butter
    4 pork chops (22 oz with bone, fat removed), 1 inch thick, trim all visible fat
    1/2 tsp salt
    fresh ground pepper
    3 tbsp chopped onion
    3/4 cup fat free chicken stock
    1 tbsp dijon mustard
    2 tbsp chopped, fresh herbs like parsley, chives, tarragon
    In a large frying pan heat the butter over moderately low heat. Season pork with salt and pepper. Raise heat to medium and add the chops to the pan and sauté for 7 minutes. Turn and cook until chops are browned and done to medium, about 7-8 minutes longer. Remove the chops and put in a warm spot.
    Add the onion to the pan and cook, stirring, until soft, about 3 minutes. Add the stock and boil until it reduces to 1/2 cup, about 3 minutes. Stir in the mustard, herbs, and 1/8 tsp pepper. Put the chops on a platter and pour the sauce over the meat.

Food and Wines says it is ok if the pork chops are pink in the center. Trichinosis is killed at the relatively low temperature of 150°. I use a thermometer to check the center and usually leave it until it hits 160°. Don't overcook or they will become dry.

I substituted garlic olive oil for butter and didn't use any herbs, and they were delicious.
  • weber62
    Options
    I got this recipe from weight watchers cook book.
    Spray skillet with cooking spray.
    Cook pork chops 3 to 4 minutes each side, or until done.
    Remove to a plate
    Mix
    1/4 cup rice wine vinegar - I use red wine vinegar
    3 tbl honey
    1 tbl hoisin sauce

Pour in pan and cook 1 minute scraping brown bits off pan.
    Put pork chops back in pan, remove from heat, let sit 1 to 2 miuntes turning often until heated through
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Rub some balsalmic vinegar on them and a little salt / pepper. Quick and easy but the family loves them.
  • binariiangel
    binariiangel Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I get the boneless pork loin, and I cut it in the desired chop size, There are 5 people in my family that eat pork chops, so we can get about 2 meals out of one loin. After I get them to the right thickness I grill them on the George Foreman wtih Garlic, pepper, salt, and some meat tenderizer. I also if there is enough of the loin left, I then use it for a pork roast, with potatoes, onions, and mushrooms, with just a little splash of apple juice, and throw it in the crock pot usually at 7am, and by 6pm when it's dinner time, it's ready to go.
  • BeachedBumm
    Options
    we do ours 3 ways usually

pound it out pretty thin then dredge in seasoned flour and fry up then throw some marinara sauce on it and bake it for about 15mins. taste like chicke parm

or

grill it over medium heat then put a tablespoon of pesto over the top

or if you have the time and want a really hearty dish try smothered pork chops

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLj3iHeAwDg

just serve it up with some cauliflower mock mashed potatos instead of regular.