Water and food log ?'s

Options
Since I dont drink anything but water (unless i go out to eat, then its tea) should i really write it down? I dont really track the amount of water i drink everyday.
Also my mom and i make stuff that doenst have a recipe we jsut kind of add till it looks right how do i count that?

Replies

• beautiful217
    Options
    Add the water!!! It makes a huge difference. Also, add as much of the recipe as you can. It will show the veggies, and give you an estimate the calorie count. Logging makes all the difference!
  • quarkenstein
    quarkenstein Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I don't get enough water, so I try and track it unless I know I'm getting more than enough. Sometimes on long days I forget to. It also has helped me feel better after workouts, I usually never got enough and would feel sick after the gym.

For recipes, estimate if you can't do anything else, but maybe a food scale would be a good purchase?
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I don't track my water on MFP. I have a 1 litre bottle. I know I need to drink 2 of them. I don't need an app to help me count to 2. :P
  • deja_blu
    deja_blu Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Remember, the water counter is for every 8 oz you drink and not the number of times you filled a container and drank it. Tracking water does make a difference especially if you have any kind of sodium in your diet (which most people do).
  • zoeelizabeths
    zoeelizabeths Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I don't track my water on MFP. I have a 1 litre bottle. I know I need to drink 2 of them. I don't need an app to help me count to 2. :P

I'm kind of the same way. I have a water bottle and figured out how many of those I need to drink a day. Then I just try to take it with me everywhere.
  • estjames
    Options
    I cook essentially the same way as you. I have started measuring everything as I make it though because it is important to me. Invest in 1 or 2 sets of measuring cups/spoons so you always have them on hand and measure it before you add it. The recipe counter is awesome because you can add it as you go and if the next time you make the same thing it is different, you can go back and make edits.
  • kaleber
    kaleber Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Do I count tea or sparkling water on the water counter if I put as a drink in the other parts of the diart (breakfast, lunch dinner, snack)?

Also, I drink over 8 cups since I do not really drink anything else. Should I drink less, the water counter shows that it is overfilled? Is it right or should I do what I want?
  • LadyFaile
    Options
    Over filled is fine. The recommendation is _at least_ 8 cups of water each day.

I've only been tracking pure water in the water counter. I list tea in with the food log, even though it doesn't actually have any calories.
  • robertthesnail
    Options
    Since I dont drink anything but water (unless i go out to eat, then its tea) should i really write it down? I dont really track the amount of water i drink everyday.
    Also my mom and i make stuff that doenst have a recipe we jsut kind of add till it looks right how do i count that?

Buy a food scale. You can get a good and precise digital kitchen scale on amazon for under 20 dollars. Combined with some good measuring cups (someone mentioned) you can figure out the calories of anything you cook at home.
  • slolife14
    slolife14 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    As long as you know you're drinking water, I'm sure it should be ok. I drink noting but water but some days I don't drink but a cup or two. As for your cooking, I also cook with no recipe cards, but I bought a food scale, and It is a eye opener you may want to measure once you reach a plateau. All those little things makes a difference.
  • Uhmanduh
    Uhmanduh Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    i would keep track... though i only drank water before I didn't realize how little I was actually drinking... now i drink much much more!!!