New Here and Would Love Some Friends!

Options
Hi! I'm Erika. I have been using the MyFitnessPal app on my iPhone for a little over a week, and have been really enjoying it. It's really easy to use and makes you accountable for what you're eating. I've lost ten pounds already!

I didn't realize what a great support community the web version was and am hoping to make some friends and get encouragement on my journey. I have been overweight/obese my whole life and I am now at the largest weight I've ever been (350 at 5'8"). I have 100+ pounds to lose and am very determined to lose the weight this time. A support community like this is just what I need!

So please feel free to add me! I have a long journey ahead and would love to make some new friends and get and give encouragement on my long road ahead! Thanks! :)

Replies

• BA19430
    BA19430 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi Erika,

I am new here too! My name is Brooke. Good luck on your journey!
  • Trishaf66
    Trishaf66 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi welcome I just joined last month. I sent you a friend request!
  • monst76
    monst76 Posts: 25
    Options
    Hi Erika, Im Seth and have been in the same situation, been over weight longer then I can remember. I went on my New Year diet like I've done so many times before. I really hope I can keep to it this year, hopefully this site will help me track my cal. a few friends for support sounds like just what I need as well. :happy:
  • scooter1130
    scooter1130 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hello Erika,
    I have just begun this journey and I hope this community is what keeps me going. I have started diets so many times before only to quit after a few weeks, months. I need the motivation to exercise and stop putting food into my mouth when I am not even hungry. We can all do this together and help each other.
  • SARBelgians
    SARBelgians Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi Erika,

I've had a similar history and I am too wanting to change. I've added you as a friend. Hopefully we can help each other stay motivated in this journey.

I have nearly 100 pounds to lose, so lets do it together.

Jillian

15449148.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • kteater
    Options
    Hi Group,

I have been using MFP for about 4 months and needs some friends, please message me and we can motivate eachother!

Best,
  • k2sul
    k2sul Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm new here too. Sent you a friend request :)
  • loseit4u2012
    Options
    Hey Girl!! Welcome to myfitnesspal!! I just joined too.. I sent you a friends request!
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    Erika -- I have been on this journey for about a year so far and I have learned lots of things. I joined MFP about 6 months ago and its one of the best things I have done. One thing I know is that MFP is one AWESOME PLACE for encouragement/support/inspiration. I am sending you a FR to share these things with you as we continue our respective journeys.
  • Hey. I'm new to the website. I wanna make new friends who like to gain/lose weight like me. I love weight. :drinker:
  • Lyndi4
    Lyndi4 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I joined at the beginning of January as well, and I've lost 9 lbs so far. I'm having a lot of fun. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • draayer7
    draayer7 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hello Erika! Welcome! I joined about 3 weeks ago and I absolutely love it! The support is fabulous! I sent you an add...anyone else feel free to add me, we can all use a little motivation and support! :)
  • dolfn1972
    dolfn1972 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    sent you a request ....would love to get some more support on here as well. I started the site in oct...lost 10 lbs...gained back 8..and now down to a total of 9 lost as of today. Happy to be headed in the right direction again
  • harleenarang
    harleenarang Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone - Feel free to add me. I login everyday and boost all my friends but be sure to get ur *kitten* kicked too if you are not doing it. :tongue: You are most welcome to return the favour as well :smile:
  • nickswansontyra
    Options
    sent you a request ....would love to get some more support on here as well. I started the site in oct...lost 10 lbs...gained back 8..and now down to a total of 9 lost as of today. Happy to be headed in the right direction again

hi can you freind request me?
  • nickswansontyra
    Options

i lost 10 lbs too!!! omg. freind request me
  • CinJay
    CinJay Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I'm also new to MFP! I'd love to have some support as well as be a source of motivation for those who need support! Please feel free to add me. Weight loss is a tough journey, why go it alone? :smile:
  • sh3lby12
    sh3lby12 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello, Going into my 3rd week. Good luck on your journey:smile:
  • WeightWatcher67
    WeightWatcher67 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I used to be on here and just came back. This is my 2nd week on Weight Watchers and have lost a total of 7 pounds. I have lost a total of 157 pounds since July of 2003. Good luck on your journey and I would love friends. Anyone can add me. Thank you! :)
  • rachs02
    rachs02 Posts: 47
    Options
    I started out the same way, just using the app on my phone and had no idea all this other stuff was available. The app is great but it is really nice to come here and get support and ideas and everything. It sounds like you've got a good start, so keep up the good works. You can do it. I'm sending you a fr :)