frozen (greek) yogurt experiment

Options
2»

Replies

• monih10
    monih10 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Will def. try this....I have a whole tub of plain greek yogurt that I need to put to use!!
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    This also works great with pudding mixes... I like sugar-free pistacchio or cheesecake and I add chopped walnuts or chia seeds and its yummy with or without freezing. I use the cocoa or various protein powders quite often too. Adding fruit works too!

I buy big containers of Fage 0% plain greek yogurt and doctor it up with the above and freeze some in individual servers so I can just grab for a snack. (easier to track on mfp too if you make a recipes and #servings...I call mine Fage-O-Rama)
  • dontstopnow
    Options
    This also works great with pudding mixes... I like sugar-free pistacchio or cheesecake and I add chopped walnuts or chia seeds and its yummy with or without freezing. I use the cocoa or various protein powders quite often too. Adding fruit works too!

I buy big containers of Fage 0% plain greek yogurt and doctor it up with the above and freeze some in individual servers so I can just grab for a snack. (easier to track on mfp too if you make a recipes and #servings...I call mine Fage-O-Rama)

ohh that sounds awesome! definitely grabbing some of those mixes next trip to the store, thanks!
  • czechsmate
    czechsmate Posts: 556 Member
    Options

Oh that is a great idea too!! I can't wait to try this!
  • SLaw4215
    SLaw4215 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this tip. I've tried using plain yogurt with ranch dressing (dry) mix instead of sour cream and I strongly disliked it so now I'm stuck with a big old tub of plain yogurt and have been randomly adding it to frozen fruit but the taste is tart...just not my cup of tea. I'll try this little trick....
    Thank you :flowerforyou:
  • kyodi
    kyodi Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I do that with cocoa powder and stevia added; It's delicious! :D

I'd like to try this specifically. What amounts of each do you use? Thanks!!
  • nanodot
    nanodot Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I do
    1c full-fat greek yogurt;
    1 scoop protein powder;
    1 tbsp of cocoa;
    1 tbsp splenda;
    and 0.5 c blackberries or raspberries.

It's totally decadent, and perfect for Paleo. I like it warmed up to room temp, but frozen sounds awesome.

For low-fat diets, of course get the lowfat yogurt, but the protein powder will be slightly gritty in the lowfat yogurt.
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    What did I do wrong? I mixed fage with a Cadbury hazelnuts sachet and now it's so frozen I can't get into it