Spinach in smoothies?

Options

Replies

• ayanna32
    ayanna32 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I add spinach in smoothies to get my veggies in and I love it, no problems with the tast at all.
  • charlesalvear
    charlesalvear Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    My nutritionist suggested I go with spinach or carrots in my protein shake. Frankly I didn't want my smoothie looking all green so I went with the carrots. In my smoothie, the bananas and strawberries seem win the power struggle in the flavor battle so I think using spinach would be fine. I'd just have to accept the coloration adjustment if I go with it.
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    I love spinach in smoothies! I mix mine with bananas and blueberries! You can't taste the spinach at all! Give it a go!
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lostsanity137
    lostsanity137 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I always put spinach in my smoothies since I discovered that! Can't taste it at all!
  • chellefatfree
    chellefatfree Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    This sounds good but do you not put any liquid in it?
  • chellefatfree
    Options
    I put a lot of spinach in my "green smoothies" and it is awesome and you cant even taste it!

Green smoothie---

1-2 c spinach
    1/2 cup pineapple
    1 banana
    1/2 cup mango

sometimes i substitute mango for pear.

a super smoothie is banana, kale, spinach, and pear.

drink for 2 weeks and you will no longer need coffee and ur skin will thank you!

i swear by this.
  • chellefatfree
    Options
  • chellefatfree
    Options
    Okay apparently I don't know how to reply to just one post!! sorry guys!!
  • pdesalvo
    Options
    It is not gross at all!!!! You can't even taste it. I use kale or spinach in my smoothies. I do think that you need to have a good high speed blender to make sure everything is incorporated. I just had a great one this morning. 1 cup of grapes, 1 small banana, 1 cup of kale and 1 cup of ice cubes, blend and serve immediately. If you want it sweeter throw a dried date in there too. Yummy!!!!
  • Purpleflipflops
    Purpleflipflops Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I add it in... i've never done fresh spinach, but I use frozen spinach, and it turns out well. :) The only problem with the frozen is if your shake gets too warm, the spinach thaws and has a weird texture...
  • Bloomsday
    Bloomsday Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    If you do 60% fruit and 40% greens (whatever kind), you should only taste the fruit.
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I have never made smoothies, anyone know of a good blender that isn't really expensive? I would love to try this to get some veggies in my diet as I HATE all veggies other than raw carrots and cooked cauliflower and just don't eat them. So if I could really eat this and not taste it that would be fantastic!
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options

Oops, I forgot to add that part... I use ice and a splash of almond milk.
  • Learnin2LuvMe
    Learnin2LuvMe Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    *Bump*
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Can someone please explain to me if it's true that you can't taste spinach in a smoothie? I have noticed lots of recipes with spinach in them and I bought a bunch today and want to try it but have this feeling it's gonna be gross lol, I need reassurance and recipes!
    YES!
    I put raw Spinach in my smoothies along with some other veggie and fruit items.
    LOVE IT!
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I've never made one myself because I have a crappy blender, but a lot of my favorite premade brands like Naked have spinach, and I looooove them. If you do it right you won't taste the spinach.
  • healthyyme
    healthyyme Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Add a banana for sweetness. Can barely taste it :)
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I have a fruit smoothie every morning for breakfast and if I have spinach, I toss it in. It makes it a gross color, but I don't taste the spinach at all.
  • KandieLantz
    KandieLantz Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I add it to all of mine and can't taste it at all... promise!