New to MyFitnessPal..need friends, encouragement and ...

Options
Hi my name is Patricia, and I am new to MyFitnessPal..need friends, encouragement and nutritional ideals.
I always do not know what to cook, because I get very bored with "diet food". :yawn:
I hope to make new friends on here to help me meet my goals, and living a new healthy lifestyle. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Sandra82874
    Options
    Hello Patrica, I know what you mean about not know what to cook but I basicly cook a meat with 1 or 2 veggies. I hope this gives you some ideas.
  • Sebnem123
    Sebnem123 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    hello....feel free to add me..
  • errickab24
    errickab24 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me,

I dont eat diet food at all, I count calories all day.. and stay at 1200
  • ttwsweet
    Options
    My name is Patricia too! :)

You can do this!! And seriously... don't cook "diet food." Cook REAL food and you'll stay satiated. I do eat salad for lunch... but I throw a bunch of salsa, two tablespoons of sour cream (yum!), 3/4 cup black beans and a handful (serving size) of fritos or tortilla chips (so I feel like I'm totally junking out, without really) for about 450. Then for dinner... I have normal, family food.

And night cravings/munchies are my downfall... so I've started eating five hershey kisses to get me through our shows! And if I work out, I have two more! Ha!

Anyway... good luck... and know that you're on your way, just by logging on here!
  • MamaGoos
    MamaGoos Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me,
  • workingthisout
    workingthisout Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi Patricia! It took me awhile to get used to making healthy meals, but mfp will definitely help you :) what has really been working for me is switching to Lite/low fat/fat free for absolutely everything. Its amazing how many calories you cut out without having to give up what you love.
  • MelloShero
    MelloShero Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with errickab24.......I too dont do the diet food bc it can become frustrating, I cut my portions by half and try to stick to 1200 cals. Add me and we can motivate one another.
  • atchiska
    Options
    Hi Patricia,

I'm new to this website as well so I could use some friends for support and encourament as well:flowerforyou:
    its all new and a complete life style change...Good luck to you! let's stick with it and lose the weight once and for all!!

Karen