Young mama trying to get healthy and happy

Options
My name is Haley. I joiined a while back but have only gotten on a few times. I really need to get with the program! In 2010 I had lost 50lbs and gotten down to a good weight for myself. I found out I was pregnant in November and now, 6 months after giving birth to my son I have gained all together 70 lbs. I am miserable and very unhappy with myself. I finally decided its time to do something before it gets to a certain point. I am 23 years old and want to look good, feel good, and be healthy. I would love to make some friends on here for support, experiences, encouragement, and just someone to relate to. Im happy to finally get myself on track and I hope to meet some of you!

Replies

• MelloShero
    MelloShero Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey Haleyjester,

I am new here and looking for some support and motivation. I have a 2 month old born 11/11/11. I went from 169 to 150 after birth. However, i can't seem to lose anymore. I have been stuck here for a couple weeks. So I need some motivation, advise, tips......all positive things though. So I need help. You can add me and we can DO this together.
  • esmejocelyn
    Options
    Hello! I also have a 6 month old boy and I gained about 50LBS:( with this pregnancy.....Im 26 and want to look fit and healthy for the summer of 2012! I know it's hard but we can definetely accomplish our goals:)
  • Caitlyl
    Caitlyl Posts: 29
    Options
    Hey Haley! I'm a young mom too, I come on here every once in a while but I've decided to kick it in the butt and just do it! So hopefully we can motivate and encourage each other. :)
  • alicerodgers
    alicerodgers Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello Haley! I am Alice. I am new to this. Just started on saturday and so far so good! Just getting used to it all. I am 24 and just had my second baby 18 weeks ago so I am trying to shift the weight too! Hopefully we can support each other, WE CAN DO THIS!! :flowerforyou:
  • Slim_in_Phila
    Options
    hey haley,
    congrats on coming back. i just recently started back on mfp.com too. and i'm so happy i did. i'm sure you will find all the support and help with healthy options just like i have.good luck girl!!!
  • haleyjester
    haleyjester Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone..its nice to have encouraging words! I know we can all do this, its hard but so very worth it in the end!
  • chelleymarie88
    Options
    Hey :)
    I am 23 and have a 3 year old girl. I gained sooooo much weight during my pregnancy- you have NO idea, lol. I went from 130-140 to 220-230. I have been a stay at home mother for the past three years, so it has been very difficult to get motivated and lose weight. I am brand new to this site and it is (I know it sounds bad) kind of nice to see I am not the only one out there in my situation. Good luck with your goals!!
  • LadyWeightLoss
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel! it looks like we have similar goals, we can do it!!!!
  • chelleymarie88
    Options
    Lady, I love your picture lol