Water flavored or not...

Options
Just checking for opinions... I have always been a firm believer in drinking PLAIN water in order to have it count towards my 64ozes. I find that in order to keep from growing bored with my water intake, I have been drinking more flavored water. No calories, sodium, or anything but still flavored... In true MY WAY fashion, I count it as part of the 64ozes when I don't meet the requirements in plain water. What are your thoughts? Do you drink flavored water and count it:drinker: ? Or... not:ohwell: ?

Replies

• biologic
    Options
    if the flavored water is just water with flavoring and not some other substance then yes, it is definitely water.
  • tmzana
    tmzana Posts: 23
    Options
    I drink flavored water and count it. I am not sure if that is right or not but I don't really like plain water that much!!
  • 76wendyful
    Options
    I would say that you should count it, seeing as any water that is in other food, like fruit, counts towards your daily intake as well. So, tea, coffee, flavored water, should count. That is my opinion!
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Water is water, flavored or not. Count it.
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    I like plain water or water with limes. That's the only way I count it. For some reason crystal light or any other flavored water leaves me with a bad after taste! Yuck! I don't count tea either. :smile: But to each their own!
  • gunmetalsunrise
    Options
    Considering that the recommendation is for "8 glasses" a day or EQUIVALENT to, I'd say that yes, it certainly does count.

Or else, I've been doing it wrong when I've been adding in the water I put with my protein shake.
  • bridgeo74
    bridgeo74 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I was told that anything that does not have caffeine or alcohol in it counts as a water....
  • dollienj
    Options
    I count it. There's no way I could drink 8 glasses of plain water a day. I usually add half a packet of Crystal Light, or have the Vitamin Water Zero. I also make fresh iced green tea at home. I cut out a lot of soda from my diet (I only drank diet soda, but too much of that can make my body sluggish). I think it counts.
  • suztheq
    suztheq Posts: 171
    Options
    I use Mio to flavor my water and I count it. Otherwise, I would never come close to drinking enough water.
  • dragonladywendy
    Options
    I've always believed that if it has water in it, then count it - so I count tea and flavoured water/squash - it is 95% water, so why not? Open to discussion if people have other ideas...
    :wink:
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    LOL Thanks guys! My favorite thing in the world right now is Clear American (walmart brand?) fuji apple pear sparkling water...YUM. I do drink plenty of plain too though :) I will no longer feel that I am 'cheating' on my water intake though :laugh: