CalorieCount.com (Curious)

Options
Did anyone ever come here from that site?

Replies

• Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Yup.
  • Moofey
    Moofey Posts: 444
    Options
    Can I ask you why? I just wanted to see if my experince related to anyone elses..
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I never participated in their community, so probably not? Their food and exercise logging was too much effort. Maybe I just got unlazy when I came here haha
  • salmanajmal
    salmanajmal Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    same was the case with myself
  • dragonbait0126
    dragonbait0126 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I did. I just found that MFP had way more foods already listed and was much more user friendly. I coupld of friends told me about MFP and after about 2 weeks on calorie count I came over here and I've never been back. Not to mention there is much more support and comraderie here than there.
  • Moofey
    Options
    I posted in their community and they were rather rude, I had no friends on there at all or no one talked to me. I am one of those people that needs a support network! :)
  • Moofey
    Options
    I am not bashing on them, this site is just alot better for me. :)
  • prettygirlxp
    Options
    Yup me ! one of the reasons was that i didnt find the food i wanted to log and i had to always google it and found it on myfitnesspal.com ! and i actually never logged any food there but when i came in here i got obsessed with calorie counting and it is much better to see ur carb/prot/fat targets ! also the communities r more fun in here :D
  • Moofey
    Options
    They were so up tight and serious, like fun group chats only certain people were allowed in. (may happen here to but not as often)
  • Naughtybiscuit
    Naughtybiscuit Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Me too, I came from Calorie Count :) I didn't think the food database was very UK-friendly and it was fiddly to add stuff. I gave up and ended up here. I still get their daily email thingy though - I like the articles and getting a daily email seems to help keep me on track.
  • Moofey
    Options
    Alot of the things people said to me honestly made me depressed and didn't even make me want to get on the site anymore :( Lol
  • sn0wd0gg
    sn0wd0gg Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    The main thing CC seems to have over MFP is the extensive information in reports. I find the reports here somewhat useless. There is basic macro nutrient information, but not much else. And the Reports tab has a lot of items you can select to report on, but only ONE item at a time, which I find rather ridiculous. Trying to put together a recipe for something on CC was a MAJOR pain - I've not seen a site yet that was as difficult as that one to build a recipe (something simple like my typical coffee with cream and sugar).

Otherwise, I'm all for the ease of use I've seen here. I just wish they would produce better reporting.