cant believe i gained weight

Options
I have been dieting for 5 days and excercising for 7 days straight. I have gone under my calorie limits by 100 or so calories and have gained 1.4 pounds. I have been walking 5 miles a day and been doing some band workouts with dance and cant imagine i am building muscle this fast to gain weight.............help I am starting to get discouraged. Any words of wisdom and has this happened to any of you?

Replies

• ekfrn04
    ekfrn04 Posts: 5
    Options
    I have been dieting for 5 days and excercising for 7 days straight. I have gone under my calorie limits by 100 or so calories and have gained 1.4 pounds. I have been walking 5 miles a day and been doing some band workouts with dance and cant imagine i am building muscle this fast to gain weight.............help I am starting to get discouraged. Any words of wisdom and has this happened to any of you?
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    try not to stress over what the scale reads! Measure yourself instead, then you'll know whether or not you're losing fat.
  • DETERMINED2Drop
    DETERMINED2Drop Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    It could be water weight, it could that you have lost weight but gained some muscle... I agree that you should measure. : )

Stay positive and keep up the great work.
  • sonia2
    sonia2 Posts: 154
    Options
    Its way too soon!! Everyone loses differently. Maybe you should only weight every 2 weeks. Don't give up. Also, really assess your calorie intake an measurements of food.
  • ladyjh578
    ladyjh578 Posts: 207
    Options
    Is it close to that time of the month????
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Hey! I know it's easy to get discouraged but it could be any number of things. Just know that what you are doing is right and the scale will show a change for the better. Just give it time. Our bodies are just as unique as we are and everyone's will adjust to these changes differently. But eating right, portion control and exercise are the right combo to lose weight and any gain you see will only be temporary.
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Water weight and muscle weigh more, but you are on the right path. Keep up the hard work...... you will do just fine....
  • lesliemassage
    Options
    I'm guessing that you didn't gain this extra weight in 5 days.....you won't lose it in 5 days, either.

STEP AWAY FROM THE SCALE!!:bigsmile:

It sounds like you're doing everything the way you should....drink extra water and keep on going. It's really just math, not magic.

Good luck. Keep your chin up.
  • lew242
    lew242 Posts: 3
    Options
    It's muscle weight, a whole load of weight will probably fall of in a few days!
  • ekfrn04
    ekfrn04 Posts: 5
    Options
    thank you all for your encouragement and your right , I am doing everything right so keep on going.............Thanks again.....................
  • twingle08
    twingle08 Posts: 40
    Options
    when you say you are going under your calorie limit by 100 are you meaning the number you are to eat before you count exercise or the amount you get after exercise? The reason I ask is that if you are supposed to eat 1200 calories before exercising you need to ensure that you eat that - if you exercise you do have some bonus calories and it is good to eat a few of those as well (you can eat them all and still lose weight).

If you are eating below your min of 1200 then you need to be careful. Your body needs those calories!!

Good Luck!