I ate a candy bar and I liked it.

Options
Yes, I admit it.

I went to the store, to get stuff to make ceviche. And there it was. Calling my name. The Herseys Cookies and Cream bar.

I didn't buy it.

Then I got in my car and realized I forgot the main ingredient in the SHRIMP ceviche... the shrimp.

This time, I got the candy bar. I haven't eaten one in about a year and half.

And so I ate it.

It was good.

Moral of the story:
Am I dead? No.
Do I feel guilty? No.
Did that ruin my day? No.
Did I log it? Yes.
Did I think about all the processed junk in it and worry about it? No.
Is that going to make me fail the rest of the day/week/year? No.
Did it keep me sane? Yes.
Did I actually end up eating all of it? Nope, it was to rich.
Did I enjoy it? HECK YES.

So, that one candy bar, isn't going to kill you. I appreciated the candy bar now and didn't just scarf it down. I enjoyed the candy bar and didn't feel guilty about it.

Replies

• NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:

Thank you for being honest, human, and not making excuses.
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Awesome =] I love sweets haha
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Good stuff. I had a Galaxy Orange bar the other day (Dove in the US, I think). It was delicious.

I always like to find the time and space to try out any new chocolate bars I think I'll like. They don't come around often, but there's nothing worse than a new chocolate bar being brought out, and me having to see it every time I go shopping just wondering what it might taste like - always good to get these things out of the way.
  • LizCabrera
    LizCabrera Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    love it!! :laugh:
  • Mr_Motivator42
    Mr_Motivator42 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Now I want one!!:)
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    That's my favorite candy! :)

Besides Butterfingers and Reeses.
  • SAC0O3
    SAC0O3 Posts: 95
    Options
    The very last statement you said got to me (in a good way) about how you enjoyed it. I have found that, since I eat chocolate so regularly, I scarf it down and don't even take the time to savor it. I am hoping once I stop the horrible habbit of eating unhealthy sweets I will soon be able to enjoy the moments when I get to.
  • healthyJenn0915
    Options
    I don't see any harm in eating a candy bar once in a while! Me personally I haven't really changed anything about the foods I eat, I just eat smaller portions and only splurge occasionally! I was already eating pretty healthy when I joined MFP, but actually logging the calories is what has worked for me. So go for it girl! Eat that candy bar and enjoy!
  • KatiD83
    KatiD83 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I did that the other day too, and I loved every bite!! Plus I think it helped kick me off my plateau.
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Um I eat some kind of junk (fast food, candy, cookies, ice cream) every single day. And I have lost over 50lbs doing so. I know myself and know for a fact (have tried and failed so many other times) that if I don't allow myself something bad every day I will not continue. Period. So, good for you!
  • Netzie
    Netzie Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: NIce, we all do it. No reason to hide or be ashamed of it. :embarassed:

I had a twinkie the other day and I liked it. :bigsmile:
  • JennL418
    Options
    I love this!! I am usually the person that devours candy. But recently I have found that I tend to savor it more and eat it piece by piece over the course of days or even weeks. I have fallen in love with a particular candy bar from Trader Joes. It's the dark chocolate caramel and sea salt. If you end up getting one of these a word to the wise... keep it in the freezer, you tend to forget it is there and it lasts longer. :happy:

I'm glad you enjoyed your candy bar!!
  • grapenutSF
    grapenutSF Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Steph, I 2nd that. Treats aren't treats when ya have them all the time. And what a drag-- not to be able to soak up all that deliciousness. My husband and I use to have lattes every day. When we switched to a special Friday morning latte date only, I swear it tasted so much better!!
  • Netzie
    Netzie Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Now I want one!!:)

Yup!!!! :devil:
  • hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    YES! Say it again, because I don't think they heard you.
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate every day. I consider it the same as oxygen. I deny nothing, just stay within goals & in moderation.
  • SparksFly460
    Options
    Good for you! :flowerforyou: love it. Nothing like enjoying a treat
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Amen, Sista. And today I had a McDonald's apple pie and scarfed it down and I don't feel guilty either. It's been months since I last had one. And, yeah, I logged that sucka, too... right next to the small fry and McDouble.
  • tessiemay04
    Options
    mmm cookies and cream, one of the few US chocolate bars that actually tastes nice! :)

You definitely shouldn't feel guilty xx