i want a tattoo..

Options
xSophia19
xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
on the side of my right hand with the name Colt.

But i want the name is the script writing!

im going to book this tattoo tomorrow morning - but before i do, i need opinions - is it more of a boys tattoo? to get a name on the side of there hand in script writing? ive not seen any girls with that done, but seeen loads of lads with it done!! and i dont want to look like a fool with a tattoo thats more for boys if ya get me?

soo would it look orite? or should i not bother is its not a tattoo that girls have?:ohwell:

Replies

• liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options

im going to book this tattoo tomorrow morning - but before i do, i need opinions - is it more of a boys tattoo? to get a name on the side of there hand in script writing? ive not seen any girls with that done, but seeen loads of lads with it done!! and i dont want to look like a fool with a tattoo thats more for boys if ya get me?

soo would it look orite? or should i not bother is its not a tattoo that girls have?:ohwell:

Sound OK to me so long as you are not getting your boyfriend's name done.
  • runnerjenn0708
    runnerjenn0708 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I'm digg'en it :) do what YOU want .... Girls are over-rated sometimes lol
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    You should get whatever you want. One word of warning though....tattoo's are very addictive. Once you get one you will want another one. Go for it!!!!
  • xSophia19
    Options

its not my boyfriends name, its my little brothers name :laugh:

• xSophia19
    Options
    You should get whatever you want. One word of warning though....tattoo's are very addictive. Once you get one you will want another one. Go for it!!!!

thanks,,

oooh i know yeaaa! this will be my 4th tattoo since feb 2011!! hahaha.! i love getting tattooed!
  • Molly_Louise
    Options
    Hmm, I wouldn't, but that's just me being me.

I'm aware Colt is the name of your younger brother, but others may not know that and may think it's the name of your partner or son rather than brother. I'm not saying that either of those being called Colt would be wrong, but people may incorrectly assume?

It's up to you, I wouldn't as I said, because that's me and the incorrect assumptions, if any, would bother/annoy me.
  • Erica002
    Erica002 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    It's your body!!
  • gottolosethisfat
    Options
    I love tattoos, go for it! Be prepared to wanting more ink soon
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options

Well, in that case it's cool.

You just see to many ex's names on *kitten*, so I wanted to save you from that if that was the direction this was going. :laugh:
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    It is totally up to you, and if you love it, then go ahead.

I'd be a bit wary about tattoos that couldn't be hidden (for job interviews etc), so side of the hand is very exposed.....
  • psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I really like tattoos but I don't have any, too much of a commitment! Only thing I would say is getting it on your hand may not be the best place for work if you want to be in any sort of professional setting. I think only places that you can cover (like upper arm, shoulder, etc) just in case!
  • JustGresh
    Options
    Do it! Tattoos are the ****
  • tiedye
    tiedye Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Depending on your profession, be careful about where your tattoos are. Anything above the neck or below the wrists may cause problems when finding a job.

Not to be a hater, I love tattoos, I just want you to also have a successful career!
  • xSophia19
    Options
    Hmm, I wouldn't, but that's just me being me.

I'm aware Colt is the name of your younger brother, but others may not know that and may think it's the name of your partner or son rather than brother. I'm not saying that either of those being called Colt would be wrong, but people may incorrectly assume?

It's up to you, I wouldn't as I said, because that's me and the incorrect assumptions, if any, would bother/annoy me.

ahh yea =/ i didnt think of it like that.. and i dont want people to think allsorts and jump to conclusions. i iwll have to have a think about it
  • xSophia19
    Options

Well, in that case it's cool.

You just see to many ex's names on *kitten*, so I wanted to save you from that if that was the direction this was going. :laugh:

hahaha lool! even if i was married with kids - i still wouldnt have the hubbys names inked on me :)
  • jmzhale
    jmzhale Posts: 186
    Options
    I have my kids names tatooed on my left chest, over my heart.
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I want hundreds of tattoos!
    1) Im a wiccan so i want the upright pentacle somewhere on my body, preferably above my heart, or maybe cheekily on my bum cheek, or just above my bum..
    2) My witch name in the theban alphabet tattooed onto the side of probably my right hand.
    3) My fionces names, either above my heart or just above my bikini line on the right hand side.
    4) On the bottom of one foot "made in england". For giggles, but i dont think i could take the ticklyness..
    5) Property of 'fionces full name' tattooed on to the bottom of my other foot. Also for giggles and to make him happy lol.
    6) I have a total obsession for werewolves and wolves, would love to get maybe a tiny wolf somewhere im not sure..
    7) Very sad but when i was younger had a massive obsession with pokemon and wouldnt mind a tiny ninetales tattooed onto me.
    8) I would like a pretty pattern somewhere lol..
    9) And nearlly forgot as i am a scorpio i want the astronomical sign, along with its 3 representations, the scorpion, eagle and resurrected phoenix.
    And thats it for now lol.

I dont actually have any tattooes atm. =/
    Although i did get like a small inkless circle to see how it felt.
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Sounds fine, I dont see how that is boyish at all. I just got my first tattoos yesterday. You can see them in my pic.
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    I think whether it seems more like a boy tattoo or not, you should get it, if that's what you want. You're putting something on your body that's going to last forever so it should be only what you want and no one else's opinion should matter.
  • AuntieLisa4
    AuntieLisa4 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I have one on my left forearm. and about 8more that i want to get. its sooo addicting. lol