best place to meet a guy?

Options

Replies

• mummyv811
    mummyv811 Posts: 237
    Options
    I've tried some dating websites and they sucked. Don't go to bars. Any other suggestions out there?

I'm similar! I live on my own and don't have the time or money to go out regularly. I'm not a fan of dating websites either. (I know, I'm awkward)

I like the dance group thing! I might see if there are any in my area! :) (RESULT!!!)
  • Fubar_Bill
    Fubar_Bill Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    My girlfriend and I met on the dancefloor.

It took a month of chatting online afterwards before we realized that we should be a couple (no quicky hookups).

Two and a half years later we share a home and are planning to get married (I want to be 170lbs. on my wedding day).

Best of luck to you.

Remember, as long as you meet your partner doing something you love, then you will always have something great to share together!
  • BCKS
    BCKS Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    I'm similar! I live on my own and don't have the time or money to go out regularly. I'm not a fan of dating websites either. (I know, I'm awkward)

I like the dance group thing! I might see if there are any in my area! :) (RESULT!!!)
    [/quote]

Another GREAT benefit of the dancing is you burn tons of calories and lose weight without even realizing you're exercising because you're having sooo much FUN!!
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Upstate NY...it is cold here so lots of snuggling will be involved. :wink:
  • cerrajean
    cerrajean Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Playing online games :P

This had nothing to do with starting my last relationship, and EVERYTHING to do with ending it.
  • winesar21
    Options
    You all have such great ideas, i guess doing what I love could lead to that :D
  • dieseljay74
    Options
    I met my boyfriend on MFP. I wasn't even looking for one at the time.

I take full responsibilty for that honey!
  • mo_is_here
    Options
    I was semi-dating a good friend of his at the time. We met and hit it off. I broke up with his friend and then had the ultimate nerve to ask him if he'd pass my phone number on to my now husband. Looking back I still cant believe I did that, but at the time I didnt think we'd ever see each other again. Been married 27 years.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    We met online. (lava life.)
  • Vonnie2006
    Vonnie2006 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Met my husband at Chuckee Cheese. I sparked up a conversation with him about his then 5 year old. I wasn't looking for a relationship though, was just getting out of a relationship. He was so easy to talk to. Ended up telling him ALL my business. He was such a gentlemen and a man of his word. I called him the week of my birthday (YES I was drinking) - (he'd promised he wouldn't blow my phone up and he didn't), I invited him to my birthday party. He showed up with a Svarwoski crystal rose and we've been joined at the hip ever since. (Married July 9th, 2011)
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Male strip club. Wait...I'm probably not the best person to give this advice. :laugh:

Have fun though!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I met my boyfriend on MFP. I wasn't even looking for one at the time.

I take full responsibilty for that honey!

You can have all the credit babe! I'm just happy to be yours!
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    men are a disappointment whether its a bar, club, match.com, mfp.com, plenty of fish.com, grocery store, church, work...so.... anywhere really!
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    men are a disappointment whether its a bar, club, match.com, mfp.com, plenty of fish.com, grocery store, church, work...so.... anywhere really!

not all of us! at least i don't think so :frown:

best place to meet someone, *i* think, is a place that caters to your interests. you like to read? go to the bookstore. see a guy who might be browsing a section that sparks your interest? bingo.
    Coffee shops.
    Bars, not a great place.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    The mourge
  • 76tech
    Options
    The mourge

only if you log the digging as cardio
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    The mourge

They are not buried yet :laugh:
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    The mourge

mmm... embalming fluid cologne
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I met my husband on a personals site, used to be yahoo personals back in November 2002. I was 18 and he was 23.. We have been together ever since :)
  • 76tech
    Options
    The mourge

mmm... embalming fluid cologne

smells like romance to me :smile: