Replies

• PNOD
    PNOD Posts: 35
    Options
    Skip-a-Meal Vanilla Shake. AWESOME!
  • JessWolf1002
    JessWolf1002 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I order mine on Netrition.com and I get the chocorite protein shake powder... It's $11 for 11 servings and it's low fat, low cal, low carb. Their low carb, high protein bars are amazing too! I like to mix the chocolate and peanut butter flavor together and it tastes like a Reece's shake!
  • CommandaPanda
    CommandaPanda Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Depends on what you're trying to do. My votes:

Optimum Nutrition Whey Protein
    Optimum Nutrition Casein Protein
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition all the way. Vanilla ice cream flavor rocks. :drinker:
  • tkelly78
    Options
    I'd have to say BSN Syntha-6 chocolate!
  • gunmetalsunrise
    Options
    Ultimate Nutrition/Pro Star 100% Whey Protein - Cookies and Cream flavour! :D
  • Crystal_R84
    Crystal_R84 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Isopure zero carb-strawberry with unsweetened almond milk makes my mouth water!!!
  • scribe313
    scribe313 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    muscle milk light (chocolate) and two table spoons of tofu, over ice in blender
  • Femtec74
    Femtec74 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition - 100% Whey Gold Standard (double choc). 120 calories, 22g of protein. Tastes friggin awesome when you add sweetner or if you like adding dextrose to your post workout shake :)

I agree - this is the best one I've tried. I prefer the Rocky Road variety myself. No sweetener needed.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    For people who are allergic to milk (and if you have a milk allergy or intolerance, you may have problems with any variation of whey, casein, etc), I'll throw my two cents in. Genisoy Soy Protein Powder - the original, unflavored version, is completely vegan and is gluten free. I think the soy protein shakes and the flavored soy protein have traces of gluten or milk, but the original kind does not and it has 25 grams of protein per 110-calorie serving and it's more affordable than a lot of other non-dairy options.
    It's not exactly delicious, but it works well when you add it to smoothies or mix it into other recipes (I've been making a type of vegan tofu pudding and adding the protein powder so I get more protein in my snacks). I also have started adding it to my morning almond milk mocha (heat up almond milk and cocoa powder, instant coffee, stevia, and protein powder - combine with a whisk until frothy on top like a latte).
    I never really used protein powders before but I've upped my protein intake because I'm focusing primarily on strength training right now. Otherwise, I do pretty well getting a good amount of protein without any sort of powder or additive.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Gold Standard Natural 100% Whey by ON in Chocolate - good with anything you mix it with or water
  • RunLiftEat
    RunLiftEat Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I like Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey, as well as Plantfusion. Plantfusion has a great amino acid profile and is derived from plant sources. It contains BCAA's, as well as enzymes to help with absorption.
  • eddyca
    eddyca Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I started drinking Vital Whey - Natural Vanilla last week. I love it!! It's the best tasting whey I've tried so far. It's made with Proserum, the finest native whey protein available. One scoop is 80 calories, 1g fat, 2g carb, 15g protein.
    The only thing I don't like about it is it gets too frothy when it's mixed in a blender. I just ordered 3 more because I want to try all flavors plus the Well Wisdom website offers free shipping and a blender bottle when you order 3

Edit: I wanted to add that the vanilla flavor is super sweet. I read that the Chocolate and Natural flavors are not so bad though
  • OMGLeigh
    OMGLeigh Posts: 236
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition seems to be a favorite here. Has anyone tried the regular chocolate and the natural chocolate? The only big different I see right off the bat is artificial flavor, is there more to it than that difference?
  • PNOD
    PNOD Posts: 35
    Options
    So...What are your opinions on Whey V. other proteins for fullness/nutrition and weight loss? Not necessarily muscle building.

What do you recommend?

Thanks
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Whey protein is not intended for weight loss.