Greek yogurt is an acquired taste

Options
So, this is only the 2nd time I've had it. The first time I tried Dannon Oikos with strawberries. Now I'm trying Chobano with black cherries.

I didn't like the Dannon brand, but Chobano seems to be a bit better. I think it might take me a while to get used to the texture of Greek Yogurt.

Is there any brands better than Chobano?

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,017 Member
    Options
    I buy the stoneyfield organic or liberte, both full fat. I add frozen berries, some grownd flax, and generally some walnuts.
  • littletiger97
    littletiger97 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Fage is awesome but I'm not sure if it comes in flavors. I just buy the plain and add honey or cinnamon and vanilla.
  • rmwinters
    rmwinters Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Chobani definately has a better texture. Also, the plain chobani is great in a smoothie.
  • nrvo
    nrvo Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I buy Fage 0% (they sell the big containers at Costco for a decent price) and flavor it with sugar-free cherry jello powder. I also use it as a sour cream substitute.
  • ChelseaRW
    ChelseaRW Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Homemade is best! Its really easy( crockpot easy). You can strain it as long as you want to get a ton of whey out which is the tanginess . I am not real fond of the tanginess. Anyway, You can find the recipe on www.crockpot365.blogspot.com. I have a hard time eating the store bought though I can eat the Oikos blueberry or Aldi brand blueberry.
  • klewis81
    klewis81 Posts: 122
    Options
    It is definitely an acquired taste/texture. I have tried the greek yogurt that comes with fruit in it and I don't think it tastes very good. The best addition I have found so far is to mix in a tablespoon of honey and a sprinkle of slivered almonds. Delish!
  • imakimm
    imakimm Posts: 839
    Options
    I really like fage! I add a little bit of splenda and its so yummy:-)
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I like Fage. I mix it with damson jam and cinnamon .
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    My favorite is plain Chobani with granola mixed in. The lemon flavored one tastes like dessert to me so I eat that as a treat. I mix granola in that one too.
  • fatty2fabby
    fatty2fabby Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    put some honey in it! changes the whole taste, love it!
  • OMGLeigh
    OMGLeigh Posts: 236
    Options
    I'm liking the Chobani but I prefer the even thicker consistency of Fage.
  • Ariana_75
    Ariana_75 Posts: 224
    Options
    I like mixing the Liberte natural greek yogurt with some vanilla protein powder instead of getting the flavored yogurt which could be loaded with sugar and fats
  • valheid
    valheid Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I really like the Fage or Greek Gods.
  • oliveoil87
    oliveoil87 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I love the chobani mango!!!
  • CherylYMerritt
    CherylYMerritt Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    great idea!
  • weightofyourskin
    Options
    Have you tried the Oikos which has a layer of honey at the bottom of the pot? I think it's delicious. A lot of people have suggested adding honey to plain Greek yogurt, so with that variety of Oikos you just need to stir it up.
  • DrumlineGirl
    DrumlineGirl Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Did you buy the dannon oikos with strawberry already in it, or added your own? Because I find the blended ones (strawberry, raspberry, key lime) to be HEAVENLY, lol! But I've realized they are high in sugar so I'm going to try to switch to plain and add fresh fruit of my own.
  • ChrissyLu723
    ChrissyLu723 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Fage is the best in my opinion I like the Cherry Pomegranate only 130 calories for the container.
  • indianlarry11
    indianlarry11 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Look for Brown Cow. Very good!
  • czechsmate
    czechsmate Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Chobani and Fage are my favorites:bigsmile: