Greek yogurt is an acquired taste

Options

Replies

• czechsmate
    czechsmate Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Fage is the best in my opinion I like the Cherry Pomegranate only 130 calories for the container.

Yes!! love this one
  • sweetrice12
    sweetrice12 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I just tried it for the first time the other day and love it. I am currently eating Oikos but will be looking into trying other brands to find a favourite.
  • Jessie544
    Jessie544 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    my husband and I just started eating the chobani on a regular basis and I really like it! I like the texture of the greek yogurt much better.... not a fan of the apple/cinnamon though....

I'm not a fan of yogurt, but I really don't have trouble eating the chobani with the fruit on the bottom
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    I agree with you, it was an aquired taste. I did a bunch of research before I made the leap to greek. The stuff I was reading about the amounts of calcium, vs sugars and calories, chobani was the best for having the most protiens, with the least amount of added sugars and sufficient calcium. I add granola or ground flax seedto mine and I can't ever imagine going back to plain yogurt again.

enjoy.
  • trixylewis
    trixylewis Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    chobani pineapple is a daily snack for me! i love it!
  • sandyt627
    Options
    I don't particularly love the texture, and the taste is a bit...um...not sour, but different from regular yogurt. I personally like it as a substitute for sour cream or mayonnaise.
  • StephDunn
    Options
    The Greek yogurt brand the honey vanilla is the best. I add some slivered almonds. Yumm-o!! :)
  • auntie_missy
    auntie_missy Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I like both Chobani and Dannon Oikos pretty much evenly - I love Chobani Strawberry Banana and Raspberry the most. Yoplait makes a Greek yogurt that may be more of a middle ground for you, but it's not really Greek yogurt (ie, it's not really strained like Fage, Chobani and Oikos; rather, it's thickened with protein powder and gelatin). It also tends to be higher in sugar and sodium.

If you don't like it but do like regular yogurt, stick with what works for you and find your extra protein in other sources.
  • rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Fage is the best in my opinion I like the Cherry Pomegranate only 130 calories for the container.

I agree, I only eat Fage Pom Cherry and 2% Cherry"........heaven!
  • Bysshe
    Bysshe Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    i love oikos. I've tried strawberry and key lime. And I just got a blackberry, but haven't tried it yet.
    Sometimes instead of granola or walnuts I add cheerios or whole hearts by quaker as a treat. It's yummo!
  • Johnelwood
    Johnelwood Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Voskos is the best, in my opinion. Fruit flavored is easiest to eat. But one cool trick is to use plain greek yogurt in lieu of Sour Cream in mexican dishes or as a base for onion or vegetable dip, etc. I'm not a big sour cream fan anyway but it works for me.
  • FitDC
    FitDC Posts: 63
    Options
    Chobani is my favorite. The rich texture makes me feel like I am having a treat!:love:
  • mrsscullion
    mrsscullion Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt by itself is pretty hard to tolerate for me.....It is super great used in cooking though! If you use the greek yogurt with chicken to create a creamy curry it is absoultely delicious and the style gives it a bit more tang. Yum!
  • jfer1977
    jfer1977 Posts: 139
    Options
    My favorite is Dannon Oikos Vanilla. I wasn't too big on the fruit ones.
  • PamelaHenD
    PamelaHenD Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I can stand the Greek and I have tried 4 different kinds...
  • oreolover
    oreolover Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I prefer Fage over Chobani (I get the 0%). Then I add fresh/frozen fruit and honey or molasses to taste. My favorite is frozen cherries warmed in the microwave so they have a little bit of juice to stir into the yogurt, yum!
    It does take a little while to get used to the different texture and flavor of Greek yogurt. I had to slowly reduce my honey over time (dont usually use it anymore).
  • Prettylittlelotus
    Prettylittlelotus Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Greek Gods Greek yogurt with honey. It's so yummy!
  • ahoag_83
    ahoag_83 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I have to say I am a big fan of Chobani. I didn't like it at first, but now I will not eat "regular" yogurt. I do have to say I tried "FAGE" greek yogurt one day and think I like it better than Chobani! The fruit and yogurt are separated so you can add as much or as little fruit to your yogurt as you like.
  • Buckeyt
    Buckeyt Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Plain yogurt of any kind is horrible to me. Wouldn't eat it on a dare. I eat Chobani with fruit everyday though. Can't stand the watered down over sweetened regular yogurt anymore.
  • aishaharris30
    Options
    It all tastes good to me, a friend of mine suggested adding a packet of sweetner(splenda, truvia, equal), it makes it taste so much better!!! I will never eat regular yogurt again!!