Eatting back exercise calories?

Options
So I know this may sound like a stupid question, but I am utterly confused when it comes to eatting back your exercise calories. I always thought you exercised, to burn calories. My fitness pal has me at 1200 calories a day, so if I was to workout and burn say 300 calories, I should eat those back? I wish there was a chart to explain all of this to you haha.

Replies

• ShantiDey
    ShantiDey Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've got the same question!! Anybody know the answer on this one?
  • joyofjosiahhannah0810
    Options
    Yes! Eat them back! At lest most of them : ) I don't lose any weight if I don't! : ) Good luck!
  • skippykip
    skippykip Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You can eat them back. Your new total recalculates with the exercise calories included for your daily allotment. You lose quicker if you don't eat it back, but I eat back some of them. :) I hope this wasn't confusing.
  • klewis81
    klewis81 Posts: 122
    Options
    Use the search button that is above your first post. Type in "eating back exercise calories" and you will get a ton of answers. Some will be good, some will be bad. It's an oft-debated topic 'round these parts, but YOU need to make a decision after doing the research.
  • prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I just ask a MFP friend that same question about 20 seconds ago..... I think that I will save my exercise calories for miscalculations and a possible occaisional treat.Thanks for the answer.
  • johnhowson
    johnhowson Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    If you exercise your calorie deficit will be greater. You will find that you need to eat some of them back but overall the exercise will help you lose weight faster. It is easier to achieve a calorie deficit when you are exercising. 1200 calories sounds quite low, so I think you will find you do need to eat quite a bit of the calories from your exercise back
  • Peep_chic
    Peep_chic Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Hot topic on MFP. u can search it and get a bunch of answers. You are already eating at a deficit to loose weight right? You dont need a bigger deficit. Those calories you burned are a bigger deficit. You can eat all and It will not affect your weightloss if you
    want to loose at a faster rate, I guess you can eat some of them back. Just make sure you net about 1500 on the calories remaining in my home tab. Some people starve themselves stopping their weightloss.