HELP! Early Morning Exercise

Options
I want to be able to wake up early enough to work out in the mornings before work at 9am, but I can't seem to find the motivation on my own. Does anyone have any tips, tricks or inspirational words to help me out? I am at a loss!
I know how good it is for me - but I love to sleep.
I know it helps get my metabolism going - but I don't care.
I need a BOOST to help me make the most of my time. Any and all help is very much appreciated!
Thank you!! :-)

Replies

• daltonkatie
    Options
    I work 8am to 8pm, 12 hr shifts and have found it hard to work out after work because by the time I am done with work I am tired.
    So I started my 2nd attempt at weight loss with going to the gym before work. So I get up at 5am leave the house by 5:30/ 5:35 and am at the gym by 5:45/5:45 and gym opens at 6. They let us in early sometimes. I work out for 50 to 60mins then I head straight to the showers and then get ready for work. I am on a tight schedule. I feel it has been easier working out in the morning knowing I have to have everything done by a certain time and if im not out of the house on time I wont get enough time to work out. You may have to push yourself, but it will be worth it. I have lost 5 pounds in two weeks, which I am happy with.

You have to make it part of your schedule!

There are some morning where I don't want to go, but I am think to my self I have to get up now or else I won't be able to get my workout in.

GOOD LUCK!! YOU CAN DO IT!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    the mirror
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Get all your gear ready the night before, and leap out of bed before you have even thought about it. If you even lie in bed for 5 mins, you will find excuses. There are lots of excuses out there but only one reason to go, YOU. Once you have set the routine, it will be automatic. Give yourself 3 weeks to set the routine.

Good luck.

GG
  • BrittanyAlexisN
    Options
    I have to get up a bit early anyways to get to work by 8, but I found that if I just go to bed a little earlier it becomes easier to wake up earlier too. I don't do much after 10PM so I make it a point to get to bed by that time. No later. Try that!
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Oh and make sure you get enough sleep.

GG
  • ShantiDey
    ShantiDey Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    1. Pack your bag (and your post-workout snack and lunch!) the night before. Some people even sleep in their gym clothes.

2. It's all in your attitude. On the worst mornings, I would tell myself that I was doing this because I love myself and I know that after work I will be too tired, ergo, I am giving myself a workout this morning - my present to me.

3. Promise yourself that if, after 15 minutes, you don't feel like continuing, you'll stop. 90% of the time, you'll say, hey, I've done 15 minutes, I can go for at least 10 more. 25 minutes is much better than 0.

4. Inspire yourself. Write inspirational messages to yourself on 3 x 5 cards. Randomly select a card the night before and tuck it into your gym bag. Read it in the morning & refresh your enthusiasm to do the right thing for YOU.

5. Reward yourself. A week worth of 5:30 a.m. gym sessions = 1 hour doing something that satisfies you - a mani / pedi with a friend, a walk around a local park, a massage - something that doesn't involve food!
  • SalamandaSalad
    Options
    WOW!! I can't believe all the responses. Thank you so much everyone for your support.
  • VRoseDuda
    VRoseDuda Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I iron my clothes, pack my lunch and gym bag and take a shower at night. My alarm goes off at 5, I snooze once and then get moving. I usually get to the gym between 5:30 and 5:40 and workout until 6:30.
    I started by just getting there...even if I just walked the track or didn't get there quite as early. Once you make it a habit it will be easier. On the flip side, if you slack a few days it is hard to get back in that groove
  • SalamandaSalad
    Options
    I will be trying all of the advice tomorrow morning. I get to work out at nights, but I want to be able to get in at least a half hour in the morning, only because I know it will make the rest of my day so good! Thanks all.
    I really like the idea of rewards!! :)