Are you trying to Conceive?

Options
Hello,

Are there any women on here who are trying to conceive? Who suffer from a health condition or a weight issue delaying you from having your first child or another child? If so please let me know and add me as a friend. I would love for us to help eachother to get the gift we value the most- A child. You don't have to reply directly to this post. Feel free to message me privately.

Good luck on your journey to being a mommy! :smile:

Replies

• noelslp
    noelslp Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am trying to conceive as well. About a year and a half ago, I suffered a miscarriage. I put on weight partially because I was depressed about that and stressing myself out trying to conceive. My husband and I actually won a trip to Paris in September, so we are temporarily putting it on hold for that. I would be ecstatic to find out I was expecting though! And being healthy can only help! Good luck to you on this journey!
  • cece62002
    Options
    Thanks for your post! I just sent you a direct message. Have a wonderful time in Paris! Maybe you will conceive there :-)
  • Boardergurl
    Boardergurl Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    We are trying to have a baby aswell... We had been trying for a year and got prego right before christmas.. Like above poster we had a miscarriage... Im not sure when we will try again but its something we both want.

How long have you been trying for?
  • mistresseeyore
    mistresseeyore Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to conceive my second child. I have PCOS so it took my hubby and I 5 years to conceive our first. He turned two last month. It's not easy, but I'm having fun trying. If we don't conceive by Alex's 3rd birthday, I'm going to ask my doctor to put me on Clomid.
  • susanb573
    susanb573 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Currently cycling for IVF right now but it won't be my baby... I'm doing another surrogacy for some great guys.
  • garysgirl719
    garysgirl719 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    We tried to concieve for three and a half years. In 2011 I lost 45 pounds, and BAM! I am currently 12 weeks pregnant. Don't give up ladies. It will happen.
  • TriciaZ944
    TriciaZ944 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Hi there... I've been trying for almost 2 years now. My doctor told me I don't need to lose weight but I feel like my habits were impacting my attempts. I've started exercising on a more regular basis and eating better. So far they think my prolactin levels were too high so I'm on medication to control it. Be patient and good luck.
  • cece62002
    Options
    Question:We are trying to have a baby aswell... We had been trying for a year and got prego right before christmas.. Like above poster we had a miscarriage... Im not sure when we will try again but its something we both want.

How long have you been trying for?

Hello! Well I sure hope it happens for you. Miscarriages are very hard to deal with when you want something so bad. I lost my first child to a horrible ectopic pregnancy almost 2 years ago. My husband and I are not "actively" trying just yet. We are however trying to get me healthy and if it happens it happens. I do believe we will definately start timing everything this summer if not before. Are you trying to do it naturally any fertility issues? I have PCOS. So it is very hard for me to conceive, but it happen once so I am very positive it will happen again.

Good luck :-)
  • cece62002
    Options
    I'm trying to conceive my second child. I have PCOS so it took my hubby and I 5 years to conceive our first. He turned two last month. It's not easy, but I'm having fun trying. If we don't conceive by Alex's 3rd birthday, I'm going to ask my doctor to put me on Clomid.

I have PCOS as well! It is definately hard and I know my weight is an issue for me. I hope it happens for you. My doctor put me on Metformin. I conceived 2 years ago on a very low dose. It was crazy. This year I am on a higher dose and no conception and still irregular menstrals.
  • cece62002
    Options
    Hi there... I've been trying for almost 2 years now. My doctor told me I don't need to lose weight but I feel like my habits were impacting my attempts. I've started exercising on a more regular basis and eating better. So far they think my prolactin levels were too high so I'm on medication to control it. Be patient and good luck.

I think you are on the right track. I wish the best of luck to you! I will be patient. I am still young and have time but I want nothing more than to be a mother!
  • cece62002
    Options
    We tried to concieve for three and a half years. In 2011 I lost 45 pounds, and BAM! I am currently 12 weeks pregnant. Don't give up ladies. It will happen.

OMGEE! That is so awesome. I am so happy for you.
  • cece62002
    Options
    Currently cycling for IVF right now but it won't be my baby... I'm doing another surrogacy for some great guys.

Wow that is so awesome that you can do that. I hope everything goes well for everyone!
  • noelslp
    noelslp Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    We were actively trying from October 2010 (right after we lost the baby), till about this summer. I was stressing myself out terribly, trying every trick I could find. We then decided to calm down and right now are not preventing, but not planning (because of our trip!)
  • dorkynerd
    dorkynerd Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hubby and I are trying to conceive.Unlike, most of you ladies, we haven't been trying and thank the good Lord above I've never miscarried. So sorry for all you ladies who have.

My doctor hasn't really told me I need to lose weight. I think I have just got impatient and needed something else to concentrate on. I have been on birth control for almost 9 years. I am scared that doing this has done some damage. My Dr. has assured me that using birth control has no effect on fertilty. But I think we all think the worst sometimes. Anyways, we stopped birth control this past September. I think the biggest let down is, I though baby making would be EASY PEASEY! I mean come on, how hard is it to make a baby? Boy was I wrong. I went to the Dr. in Decemeber to ask why I wasn't pregnant yet. The Dr. didn't seem very concerned as at the time it had only been 3 months. She put me on a prenatal vitamin and told me if I wanted I could start taking my tempature. She was a bit concerned about my blood pressure though. (Now I am freaking out about this too. I don't want to die! ) All my pap smears have been normal, I don't have any family history of infertility. But I know there could still be a risk.

With this said, one day after taking a pregnant test, it was negative. I was so SAD. I was MAD! I wanted to hit the wall. To cry. I prayed. For God to give me strength and patience. To guide me through this. I picked myself up off the bathroom floor and went on with my day as best I could. Knowing God delivers. I was thinking that night, maybe its God's way of telling me I need to get healthy. Maybe I am not healthy enough for a pregnancy? So this is why I started eating right, and EXERCISING! I think alot of time people say, Oh I am going to go on a diet. But that's only half the battle! I will do whatever it takes to start a family!!!

14 days into working out, I have fallen in love with the feeling of control and accomplishment. I am proud of the progress I am making in my exercising. I started off day 1, could barely do 5 mins without gasping for air. Now I am up to 35 mins on the elliptical and 20 mins with Jillian Micheal's!

So to all the ladies out there, trying to conceive, pick yourself up off the bathroom floor and PRAY!!!

Feel free to add me, we ladies need to stick together through this!!!
  • cece62002
    Options
    Hubby and I are trying to conceive.Unlike, most of you ladies, we haven't been trying and thank the good Lord above I've never miscarried. So sorry for all you ladies who have.

My doctor hasn't really told me I need to lose weight. I think I have just got impatient and needed something else to concentrate on. I have been on birth control for almost 9 years. I am scared that doing this has done some damage. My Dr. has assured me that using birth control has no effect on fertilty. But I think we all think the worst sometimes. Anyways, we stopped birth control this past September. I think the biggest let down is, I though baby making would be EASY PEASEY! I mean come on, how hard is it to make a baby? Boy was I wrong. I went to the Dr. in Decemeber to ask why I wasn't pregnant yet. The Dr. didn't seem very concerned as at the time it had only been 3 months. She put me on a prenatal vitamin and told me if I wanted I could start taking my tempature. She was a bit concerned about my blood pressure though. (Now I am freaking out about this too. I don't want to die! ) All my pap smears have been normal, I don't have any family history of infertility. But I know there could still be a risk.

With this said, one day after taking a pregnant test, it was negative. I was so SAD. I was MAD! I wanted to hit the wall. To cry. I prayed. For God to give me strength and patience. To guide me through this. I picked myself up off the bathroom floor and went on with my day as best I could. Knowing God delivers. I was thinking that night, maybe its God's way of telling me I need to get healthy. Maybe I am not healthy enough for a pregnancy? So this is why I started eating right, and EXERCISING! I think alot of time people say, Oh I am going to go on a diet. But that's only half the battle! I will do whatever it takes to start a family!!!

14 days into working out, I have fallen in love with the feeling of control and accomplishment. I am proud of the progress I am making in my exercising. I started off day 1, could barely do 5 mins without gasping for air. Now I am up to 35 mins on the elliptical and 20 mins with Jillian Micheal's!

So to all the ladies out there, trying to conceive, pick yourself up off the bathroom floor and PRAY!!!

Feel free to add me, we ladies need to stick together through this!!!

IT WILL HAPPEN FOR YOU! WITH GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE :-) KEEP PRAYING.
  • CallmeSbo
    CallmeSbo Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    bump
  • becky2967
    becky2967 Posts: 124
    Options
    we were ttc our 2nd for over three years. in that time we sufferd three early miscarriges. were still in early days but loseing 25l has made it happen ;) good luck. xx
  • keywestsunset
    keywestsunset Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    We are trying for our second, have been for about 7 months. The first time took us 5 months to concieve, and I guess I figured it would be the same amount of time or less. Each month I start, I am sad that first day, but I try to focus on the fact that I have one more month to focus on myself. The good news is I weigh about 15 lbs less than I did when I got pregnant with my first. Do you ever worry that you are putting stress on your body by exercising and eating less than it takes to maintain?
  • mummy_gerdes
    mummy_gerdes Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    hi everyone.

i will be TTC around march - april. i have a gorgeous boy who is nearly 18 months old. i have had a previous miscarriage asweel but didnt have any problems concieving my little boy - in fact he was a complete surprise! i wish all of you luck, health and happiness and a baby of course!
    xxx
  • schamberlin88
    schamberlin88 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS and my husband and I are going to start trying in the summer. We have been married three years almost and havent done anything to "prevent" it. So it worries me that its going to take a long time to get pregnant. My doctor has me on metformin. I am taking 3 a day! I want to lose weight and have a lot to lose, so I am hoping that it helps. I just need some encouragment and a push. I have started working out and eating better, so I am hoping this will help my chances.