big mama in Oregon, trying to get healthy!

Options
Hi,
I just joined up. I would love to make some new friends. I'm here to track my comings and goings, self-advocate for a healthier life-style and support my friend that invited me. I absolutely believe in health at every size, so you won't find me 'fat hating' myself or anyone else.

I love the outdoors and want to be able to one day enjoy some activities that I'm too afraid to do because of my size. I want to build lean muscle and drop some pounds to improve my health. Basically I want to become the athlete I never was. I'm about 35 pounds down from my highest weight, there's is much I need to learn but I also have ideas to share. Hope to talk to you. :)

Replies

• empresslove13
    empresslove13 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I can vouch for Jez being one of the most amazing friends ever!
  • therupy
    Options
    Hi, I've been doing REshape the Nation (RTN) since January 1st and have lost about 8 pounds. I've learned a lot, not just from RTN but from googling and Youtubing to learn more about everything I first learn on RTN. I just joined myfitnesspal a couple days ago and its a GREAT value. I can't believe it's free! just by entering the foods I eat as I eat them and comparing that to what I'm learning about carb cycling, I am learning things about food I never knew before. (I'm 50) I've been drinking over a gallon of water a day (recommended by RTN) and that alone has helped resolve some of my health issues and is a key to my weight loss so far, I'm convinced. I've been eating more healthy foods than when not on a diet, and less junk food but not totally zero since RTN lets you have rewards under certain restrictions. I follow their menu as if it were suggestions, not like it is a diet and I substitute what I have on hand. I highly recommend it, if you are searching for somebody who has a track record for helping fat people get fit then Chris Powell is a nice choice. I've read some good articles that explain why carb cycling helps your body lose weight and I've seen some good free Youtube videos. RTN cost me about $20 per month for 3 months and I've already emails them and told them to not charge my credit card again, that I just want to use my 3 months and quit. So I have to learn everything I can in 3 months because I don't want to be constantly paying for stuff I need to learn to do for myself anyway. Best wishes on your journey and hope you find some good stuff to help you find the path... ~Angela
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    where are you in Oregon?
  • nitka653
    nitka653 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Whoo Hooo! Oregonians are the BESTEST EVER! And no, I'm not a duck fan LOL!

Welcome Jez! Hope ya like it here. I've been back and forth for a bit since July, some days are just harder than others. It's a great site for calorie/exercise counting and for general support. I love the phone app!
  • ORjezebel
    ORjezebel Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    awesome information. Google and I will be checking out those great resources for sure! thank you~
  • ORjezebel
    Options
    where are you in Oregon?

I'm in Eugene
  • ORjezebel
    Options
    Whoo Hooo! Oregonians are the BESTEST EVER! And no, I'm not a duck fan LOL!

Welcome Jez! Hope ya like it here. I've been back and forth for a bit since July, some days are just harder than others. It's a great site for calorie/exercise counting and for general support. I love the phone app!

Thank you so much for the warm greeting! :D I could tell right away that this would be a great community.
  • ORjezebel
    Options
    I can vouch for Jez being one of the most amazing friends ever!

OH and I can certainly attest to the power of your awesomeness, amiga! <3
  • MiaOrange
    MiaOrange Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Oregon here, too! Welcome to MFP :)
  • runbyme
    runbyme Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I live about 1/2 mile from Autzen and am not a Duck fan but to each thier own! Good luck with your fitness journey! Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Oregon here!! Medford area.. Central point to be exact!
  • ManaMoo32
    Options
    I've only been on here for a little while and people are so supportive! This site is awesome! Im always looking for some new friends!
  • ORjezebel
    Options
    Oregon here, too! Welcome to MFP :)

Thank you neighbor! :D
  • 1FitMom326
    Options
    Welcome, I am in Oregon as well. Feel free to send a friend request if you would like. I think you will find a lot of support here.
  • ORjezebel
    Options
    Welcome, I am in Oregon as well. Feel free to send a friend request if you would like. I think you will find a lot of support here.

Thank you! I'm definitely loving this community so far.
  • ORjezebel
    Options
    Oregon here!! Medford area.. Central point to be exact!

Thank you for the welcome. Your progress is an inspiration!
  • ORjezebel
    Options
    I've only been on here for a little while and people are so supportive! This site is awesome! Im always looking for some new friends!

It's great to meet you :)
  • dee2397
    dee2397 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm also in Oregon and trying to lose weight Add me. Maybe we can motivate eachother
  • Cassi_Eats_Apples
    Options
    Hey! I'm Cassi and I'm looking to loose some weight and get healthier too! I just started using this site seriously this past week and I'm always looking to add new friends to support who can share their struggles and triumphs with me and they can do the same! I'm a stay at home mom in a fairly stressful situation after taking on my husbands 6 year old who came from an abusive and drug addicted mom and working out and getting healthy really seems to help get my mind off of things and the endorphins help with the stress!
  • ORjezebel
    Options
    I'm also in Oregon and trying to lose weight Add me. Maybe we can motivate eachother

Thanks! I'd be happy to share motivation with you!