Is eating breakfast a must?

Options
Is there any way to kick start your metabolism without eating breakfast? I really hate eating in the morning. I have tried a few times since joining this site and all it does is make me extreemly hungry for the rest of the day...

Replies

• Swanie974
    Options
    Im exactly the same, cant eat in the mroning. Apart if i go for a run before work then i can eat my cereals.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,366 Member
    Options
    You can't kickstart your metabolism with breakfast anyway. So eat when you feel like it. Your body can't tell time.
  • Dexy_
    Dexy_ Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I usually fast until at least midday, hasn't hindered me at all :)
  • determinedsocialworker
    Options
    It starts your metabolism burning for the day, so yup, you should try to do it... it makes you hungry when you eat for that very reason.. it's a good thing!! What about a protein shake or a smoothie if you don't actually want to eat?
  • katkat1717
    katkat1717 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big morning eater either. They have a breakfast shake called an "instant breakfast." It has tons of vitamins and minerals but it doesn't leave you with the "super-full" feeling. I'm sure it's not quite as good as a real breakfast, but i think it's a decent option.
  • KristysLosing
    Options
    I had a tough time getting breakfast in, too, for a while. I'm OK now, but same problem. I would be far hungrier if I ate breakfast. I eat more small meals now, though. And that helps. I'll be eating something again in a couple hours anyway. Have you tried a breakfast milkshake?
  • medicrenee
    medicrenee Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is the most important fuel for your day. Try a protein drink instead or maybe oatmeal with berries or even a breafast bar. I eat small meals and snacks , something every couple hours
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    You can't kickstart your metabolism with breakfast anyway. So eat when you feel like it. Your body can't tell time.

^ THIS
  • DantonD
    DantonD Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I don't like eating in the morning either, but I usually grab a granola bar or something just to kick start me mentally. I feel sluggish until I eat, but not really hungry.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Is there any way to kick start your metabolism without eating breakfast? I really hate eating in the morning. I have tried a few times since joining this site and all it does is make me extreemly hungry for the rest of the day...
    Suck it up.
    Eating breakfast is key.
    Master that or the risk of failure is high.
  • tiedye
    tiedye Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I don't think so. I drink about a liter of water /4 cups every day when I wake up, and as long as I'm adequately hydrated I'm fine. I bring snacks to work so if I get hungry I eat and if I'm not hungry I don't force it.
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I used to eat breakfast every day. I realized that I was hungry at night so I started saving my breakfast calories for dinner. I essentially eat all my calories for dinner.
  • gunmetalsunrise
    Options

Actually, it sort of can. It reacts differently depending on what your habits are like and the time of day (sunlight).
  • Shariet0630
    Options
    If you can't eat, I would suggest a protein shake. Drinking your breakfast works just as well.
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Suck it up.
    Eating breakfast is key.
    Master that or the risk of failure is high.
    Can you explain why exactly this would be?
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,366 Member
    Options

Actually, it sort of can. It reacts differently depending on what your habits are like and the time of day (sunlight).

No.
  • Cr8tive_Ingenuity
    Options
    actually thats not true..not about breakfast..who cares if you skip breakfast, but yes body can tell time..for instance the body during the early morning hours goes through a phenomenon known as "twilight" where bloodsugars start to raise and insulin has a tendency to increase to make up for that difference..just wanted to correct you sunkisses :).
  • meche8
    meche8 Posts: 2
    Options
    If you don't like to eat breakfast, try a GNC Total Lean shake. I have to do that sometimes because I get too busy and don't have time to prepare a meal. I will get all the vitamins and protein that I need on the go. You really need to have something to burn off in the morning. Good luck.
  • CrazyAdventure
    CrazyAdventure Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's a must but I've been making myself eat a bigger breakfast (200ish calories is a big breakfast for me) and I find that my hunger is no longer insatiable during the rest of the day. When I don't eat breakfast, I'm fine eating just lunch, but when it comes dinner time, my hunger just won't go away. Anyway, it's worth a shot to see how you feel during the day when you do eat breakfast.
  • Dexy_
    Dexy_ Posts: 593 Member
    Options

^ THIS

^^ AGREED