HELP, my proteins are off the charts!

I have been doing great in all catagories but protein. Is anyone else having or had this problem that can give me suggestions?

Replies

• 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    MFP guideline for protein is on the very low side. I eat way more than MFP suggested.

How much protein you require depends on your activity level and goals. You can change your settings to increase the protein or you can ignore the fact it is in the red.
  • teasie0616
    teasie0616 Posts: 22 Member
    Personally, I find MFP protenin count to be low and carb count to be high. My protein is always a little over and carb intake always under. This is ok to me because I try to get healthy proteins in at every meal. Good luck :)
  • Blackbetty01
    Blackbetty01 Posts: 11 Member
    Great! Thank you so much. I have lots of dairy products and that's what is throwing me off.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Here is a protein calculator to give you an idea.
    http://www.healthcalculators.org/calculators/protein.asp
  • I just started and I have the same problem I ignore it most of the time as long as Im losing weight I figure It doesnt matter right now I'll deal with it when I get there.
  • blewbell
    blewbell Posts: 30 Member
    Mine were too- I changed mine to the Zone diet recommendations -40% carbs 30% protein and 30% fat - and now I'm low on protein under those guidelines. Still working this out less than a week in...
  • davecreed
    davecreed Posts: 151 Member
    i personally changed my intake percentages to about 45% carbs 25% fats and 30% protein...you need about 0.9grams per pound of body weight...some people handle carbs better than others...im not one of them.
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    I have virtually no input on the actual subject at hand, just wanted to say WHOA BLACK BETTY, BAM-BA-LAM.

that is all.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    That's bad???

Wish that was my problem!
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    I have virtually no input on the actual subject at hand, just wanted to say WHOA BLACK BETTY, BAM-BA-LAM.

that is all.

^^^^^^this^^^^^^ (wipes drool from chin)
  • dcgonz
    dcgonz Posts: 174 Member

that is all.

LMAO!! That's pretty impressive from a 19 year old!! That's from my "era" LOL...
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member

that is all.

LMAO!! That's pretty impressive from a 19 year old!! That's from my "era" LOL...

I freaking love that song! lol