The Elliptical

Options
havingitall
havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
Back at the beginning of April, I was afraid to use the elliptical. It looked like it kicked butt and I was afraid that I would look like a fool if I lost control of it. I tried it out when we were on vacation in the hotel gym. Only my husband and I were there and if I ended up hurting myself, I would never see those people again. My husband has seen me look foolish before so I was okay with that!

I was hooked right from the start. Today .... This is where the success comes in........ I was on the elliptical for 1 hour on levels 13 - 14 ( previously I had only lasted 40 minutes)

I am so proud of myself!

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    :noway: that is fantastic!! You make me want to up that number when I go today!!

Thanks for the challenge!!

You are doing so well!!!!!!!!!!! You should feel proud!

:heart: Jeannie
  • cherie2304
    cherie2304 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!! Keep up the good work.
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!! I think that will be my next workout machine.
  • roxie17
    roxie17 Posts: 71
    Options
    CONGRATS! You should be so PROUD of yourself. I LOVE the elliptical. Keep up the good work. :wink:
  • benw
    benw Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I am so proud of her.

I have read that the elliptical burns more caleries then most of the other cardio machines.
  • nebulas
    nebulas Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    congrads!!!!!

I <3 it too! I love to run but i hurt myself a few years ago. if it wasnt for this machine i think i would have a really hard time with Cardo.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    That is great!!! It is a good workout. I am a huge fan myself. :happy:

I do burn a lot more in a shorter period of time using the elliptical. I generally have 100 cals burned in about 8 minutes!! :drinker: :drinker:

Keep up the good work!! :glasses:
  • TANKENEY32
    TANKENEY32 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! YOU GO GIRL!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • hdawg
    hdawg Posts: 28
    Options
    The great thing about it is if you have a bad back or bad knees it doesn't hurt them. I have a bad back the elliptical is the only workout I can do. I'm glad I found it!
  • BoPeep1967
    BoPeep1967 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I want to buy one so badly. Is there a particular brand you recommend?:huh:
  • LizzyAnne
    LizzyAnne Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    WAY TO GO!! :bigsmile: I was the same way as you were. Now, OH my goodness!! I Love the Elliptical! :love:

Lizzy
  • CarmenSantiago
    CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    :smokin: WOW!! I am impressed! That is awesome! I have an eliptical that I work out on everyday. 30 minutes at intermittent levels up to 6 are the most I can do most days. I burn about 500 to 600 calories.

When I grow up I wanna be just like you! :bigsmile:

Great job!
  • CarmenSantiago
    CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member
    Options

Mine is from Sears but I can't think of the brand right now; I'm at work. But you definitely want to buy a good one, they are expensive but worth it. Mine has an SD slot which I love because I can get various IFIT cards with different level work outs. It also has different work outs built in. They are awesome. It has all sorts of read outs and I love that it tells me how many calories I'm burning.

Good Luck!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    that is so great. :drinker:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I am so proud of her.

I have read that the elliptical burns more caleries then most of the other cardio machines.

I always think you have a split personality when your hubby responds!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I often wondered what people thought. Sometimes it confuses me too!
  • annaliza
    annaliza Posts: 809
    Options
    Lol, I have to agree....sometimes it's confusing if I don't look at the name of the person who's posting

Congrats on the elliptical. I love them and plan to get one at the end of next month or beginning of July. I've always heard that they burn more calories, too. I do know that they are easy on your joints!

Good luck to you and congrats!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Ok, so there is 3 days of elliptical....thanks for challenging me!:grumble:

Uh, I mean:bigsmile:
  • BoPeep1967
    BoPeep1967 Posts: 42 Member
    Options

Mine is from Sears but I can't think of the brand right now; I'm at work. But you definitely want to buy a good one, they are expensive but worth it. Mine has an SD slot which I love because I can get various IFIT cards with different level work outs. It also has different work outs built in. They are awesome. It has all sorts of read outs and I love that it tells me how many calories I'm burning.

Good Luck!

Thanks for answering, Carmen! I appreciate it.:bigsmile:
  • mom24qties
    mom24qties Posts: 112
    Options
    Wow that is great!! Doesn't it feel good to challenge yourself and meet the challenge, and then go beyond that? You will be doing bigger and better things!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!