NO more weight in!!

Options
So i have this crazy idea, that im afraid i wouldn't be able to stick to! My birthday is in a month from tomorow! So i decided, to weigh my self in tomorow and hide the scale untill my birthday!
I will continue log in all my food, and everything but im not weighting myself anymore for a WHOLE MONTH, so i can't obsess about pounds but only what i put in my body!

Who wants to join?! or just help support me through it?!

Replies

• shmunster
    shmunster Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Good on you! It's a great idea, I wish I could do it but at the moment I'm on a mission just to only weigh in once a week cos I got a bit obsessed!
  • sarahp86
    sarahp86 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I am obsessive with weighing myself! I haven't weighed myself in two days and I have withdrawal symptoms! Not healthy!!

I recommend giving your scales to someone to mind, feel free to add me we can help each other beat our addiction :)
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great plan.
  • thatsnumberwang
    thatsnumberwang Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I like the idea, but I don't love the idea of weighing in for the first time in a month on your birthday. What if the scale doesn't say what you hope it will? Better to weigh in a few days after, IMO.
  • poseidon9447
    Options
    I only weigh myself once a month anymore. As the weight came off slower as I lost it became frustrating. Now I just focus on doing the right thing eating and exercise wise. Then I do weigh myself and see the much larger drop it is more rewarding.
  • karleen
    karleen Posts: 260
    Options
    i have this plan for february as well. im transitioning to a raw vegan diet during this month and february should be entirely raw so id like to weigh in on the 1st of the month and see just how great it goes without going nuts with the scale.
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    I just bought a new scale and have to weigh in because it lets me know I'm making progress.... but Good for you!! Would love to support you.. add me if you'd like:smile:
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I am starting to think I should do the same! Ugh! I'm so frustrated with my obsession with that dang number. If I'm being healthier, what does it REALLY matter? Maybe I should hide my scale as well!
  • tagben
    tagben Posts: 72
    Options
    Exaaaaaactly! As long Im within my daily calorie goal, why obsess and get discourage abt every 0.4lb !?!?! i don"t want to live myself this way anyways!!
    Plus i find if i watch what i eat when im back home and not weigh myself, i lose more!
  • kanata
    kanata Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I only weigh in at my boyfriends and he's working 15 hour shifts this week, did that last week and possibly next week so i may have to join ya on this ;)
    I don't usually weigh in too often anyways, maybe fortnightly or if i'm feeling particularly slim/bloated to see if i'm going wrong.
    It's all about the inches for me :D
  • dksrj08
    dksrj08 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I do a weekly weigh in/measure. I feel it helps out a lot. Also I'm doing weekly pictures so i can see the week by week change.
  • Jenean125
    Jenean125 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Wow! Good luck! I wish I could wait a month, but I seem to have become addicted to my scale! :/ I used to be the one always saying, "don't look, just weight once a week...you know your weight can fluctuate from day to day and you'll just get frustrated." But I have come to realize the fascination with seeing if there has been even the tiniest bit of progress every day over these last 3 months. But I'm not going near the scale again until my next check in day.....

OK so that's tomorrow, but after that I won't go near it again for a week! At least I will do my best anyway!! :ohwell:

Hope you do really well with your month challenge!! :happy:
  • mndamon
    mndamon Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I was the same way, now I barely ever weigh myself. I'm stronger and packed on the muscle I wanted and went from XL stuff to L. I prefer seeing that kind of progress as opposed to some number on a scale.
  • ccnjc4e
    ccnjc4e Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I get obsessive over the scale..Stupid thing. I weigh myself once a week. Just a little check up. I am doing measurements once a month(Great way to see the lost inches, screw the pounds)
  • grod45
    grod45 Posts: 20
    Options
    I'll definately support you, your on a mission and I truly believe you will accomplish whatever you set your mind to! God provides the strength and you provide the results! you can do it. I support you 100 percent.
  • j_courter
    j_courter Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! Of course I ditched the scales about 4 months ago. I was tired of never seeing that @#$% number move AT ALL, even after months of hard work and strict dieting. I am MUCH happier now. I look in the mirror and can't believe what I see staring back at me. The changes I have made are creating definition and packing muscle on where there once was only fat. THIS is what I like to see, not the number on a scale. How much do I weigh??? I honestly don't know, or care! (but it has taken a LONG time for me to honestly get to that point!) YOU CAN DO IT!

Feel free to add me for support and encouragement. I know how evil that scale can be!
  • FinerthanB433
    Options
    I'm obsessed too girl! I tried to wait a month also, but I just could not wait! Great plan though, and good luck!
  • tagben
    tagben Posts: 72
    Options
    Thank you all for your support! You may hear tons of whinning over the next month :)! I also really hope it will actually force me to stay on track and not have empty calorie, because I wouldn't want to be desappointed on my B-day!

That's gonna be my gift to myself :)!
  • scribe313
    scribe313 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I go the gym almost every day and can't help but get on the scale. It is a sickness, but I can't help it! My trainer only puts me on the scale once a wk, but I do the other six times on my own. I consider my real number on Sunday. That is the weight I use for mfp. Good luck on staying off the scale...
  • latinqueencee
    latinqueencee Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    wow...I wish I could do that. I'm one of those that must weigh myself every morning. I hate that it's an obsession at this point. The sad part is if I'm down in #s, I eat, and if I am up in #s I eat cuz I'm upset I am up in #s.....Grrrrr! I HATE THE SCALE!!