Has anyone done the Zumba fitness for wii?

Options
I just started doing this like 2 weeks ago, and I was wondering if anybody knows how much calories are burned in the 20 min. beginners workouts, and the 45 min intermediate workout. So far i've lost like 3 lbs doing Zumba, and I enjoy it alot!

Replies

• rebeccawalker1982
    rebeccawalker1982 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I believe I saw someone else on here say that it was about the same if you use the Dance Aerobic option. Ends up being about 145 cals but I think if you really get into the Zumba you prob burn more than that….I just rented it this week and did it once so far and was totally lost! (I cant dance for nothing!)
  • Mergundy
    Options
    oh I know how you feel!
    I'm a horrific dancer! lol
    but it's really fun!
  • rebeccawalker1982
    rebeccawalker1982 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I have a friend that teaches it at the local YWCA and she keeps telling me to go…I keep telling her I am the whitest white person you will ever meet! I wont even do it when the husband is around! If its not country swing I cant do it!
  • Kara_B
    Kara_B Posts: 26
    Options
    http://www.fatburn.com/free_tool_activity_burn.asp

There's a ton of options on here and it shows you how much you burn based on your weight in as little as one minute up to one hour :)
  • onefourone
    Options
    I like it and as soon as my sister gives it back i will do it again. With the curtains drawn and no one around :)
  • Aislyn26
    Options
    I don't think I've ever made it through an entire zumba workout on my Wii. I laugh way too much. But here is a site that has a calculator to figure out how many calories you burn doing zumba.

http://www.zumbacalories.com/
  • Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I wear a heart rate monitor and it is one of the few exercises where I still get a decent burn. Calories will vary by your individual stats, but at 5-5, 197, and pretty good cardiovascular fitness level, I burn 500 cals in 45mins.

A HRM is always your best friend!
  • moleighsmom
    moleighsmom Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have a friend that teaches it at the local YWCA and she keeps telling me to go…I keep telling her I am the whitest white person you will ever meet! I wont even do it when the husband is around! If its not country swing I cant do it!
    I just told a friend that today! Told him I am such a white girl, my hips don't move that way. Still is fun trying though, and if it gives some people a laugh then I've brighten their day.
  • kellbellblue
    Options
    We got it , I haven't tried it yet. Hmm maybe I will tomorrow since I have the day off.
  • Nuerra
    Nuerra Posts: 5
    Options
    I have the Golds Gym cardio workout (boxing, skipping etc) and the wii fit plus. Do my body test on the fit plus, sometimes a few things on it then go and do some boxing, good workouts and I have lost some weight, but also my measurements have gone down, so I'm stoked. Mite look for the zumba next time I'm near a shop.
  • Mergundy
    Options
    hahaha!! My husband told me i was the whitest person ever when he was watching me zumba! lol
    I don't care though! It's fun!
  • RenjisGurl
    RenjisGurl Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi :) I love Zumba for the Wii and i've started using it all the time. I was wondering the same thing you are so I googled it and found this. I use it as an estimate now. http://www.zumbacalories.com/
  • RenjisGurl
    RenjisGurl Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I didn't realize someone had already put this site on here lol
  • wanttolookgreat
    Options
    I dont know< but I seen it and think i want to buy it looks like fun
  • trish2dope
    trish2dope Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    My heartrate monitor says I burn anywhere from 200-300 cals in a 20 min workout and anywhere from 500-700 in a 45 min workout. It all depends how hard u push yourself and as posted above your HRM truely is your best friend lol.
  • sajithj
    Options
    My wife recently bought the Zumba for Wii. Tell you what... it seems like a pretty good workout. Two sessions and you are pretty much dripping in sweat (for the unfit people like me!). Although I did find that the moves on the screen don't always correspond to the beat of the song which tends to throw me off a little.

Whatever said and done, it's a pretty good workout and it's always nice to BUST A MOVE!
  • cheerz465
    Options
    I have tried it once on my wii but I like the Just Dance games a lot better.
  • Hlucas21
    Options
    I usually use the Zumba calculator. Another good one is Biggest Loser for the WII. I love it!
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    My 4yo, 7yo and I just cracked the seal on this game tonight. What a riot. And what a sweat!!! 20 minutes killed all three of us, and that was on the "easy" level. According to that calculator site, 20 minutes burned 200 calories even at that "low" level of intensity.

I think taking a Zumba class with a friend or two would be a lot of fun, but I don't have the $$ right now, so this was my compromise.
  • Nuerra
    Nuerra Posts: 5
    Options
    Got the Zumba for wii (1st one) tried a the beginner lesson 1 on first day. Its hard. Tried the beginner 2 lesson yesterday, lol All I can say is I am so happy I do it when NOONE is around as I must look a laugh. I have no problam boxing with the kids about (13, 9, 8) But cos Im good at it and I hit my marks. But Zumba? Its going to take alot of practice.