Now that you've lost weight.....

Options

Replies

• MrsNoir
    MrsNoir Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it's the downside of being fit and fab, all guys, even your best friends' boyfriends make strange comments everynow and then, you get scared of being left alone with men in general. I hate the lift at work! 7 floors and loads of weird students! thanks to my very loud mp3 I manage to pretend I don't hear a word!:D, students are not so bad, but how do you feel when you see an important guy of the company complimenting you? and worse for me as I'm foreign and sometimes I don't even understand what they're saying, so if I say "sorry, I didn't get that" I make the situation even more ackward!. Yep, I used to walk up and down the 7 floors, excellent way to keep fit, but when I was 7 months pregnant wasn't that easy!:D

And I think to myself.. wow, and I'm not even close to my goal weight yet, and I'm not that that beautiful, I'm plain normal!!, it must be horrible to be a model!! I had a guy from the red cross trying to convince me to donate some money, and at the end of the speech he said.. "and you've got very beautiful eyes".. and I said. "is that part of what the red cross is about?" "he said, "no", but one doesn't get to see beautiful eyes that often".. yeah yeah, whatever, I still didn't donate, baby has to be fed first :D
  • rachemn
    rachemn Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    OMG! I'm so glad that I'm not the only one having this problem! There are so many creeps out there. I only gained weight in the last 10 years and now that I've taken the weight off I've had some real jerks approach me like that. I'm always shocked that they think that's appropriate....or that it's going to get them anywhere. I'm continually getting inappropriate messages on facebook all the time too...so much that I've stopped signing into fb messenger. How do you get these guys to back off??

I'm 38 and it seems like the guys my age are the worst...they think it's totally fine to ask me about my sex life or just proposition me! However I've met some really nice 24 year olds~!! lol
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    If young women would quit pining after the Jersey Shore kind of guys, the mid-stream guys wouldn't try so hard to be *kitten*. In the mean time, hang around nicer guys. Maybe not the rockstars you're most women are drawn to, but we can turn out to be gems when you get to know us.
  • stephanielindley422
    Options
    with my wife I almost had sex every day last week... almost on Monday, almost on Tuesday, almost on wed...etc...

You sound just like my poor husband. LOL.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    at least he was going to get you lunch first?

Kidding. Your "your mom shouldve swallowed" comeback made me snort though.
  • MrsKunz
    MrsKunz Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    is the guy british? it sounds like something a british guy would do. we americans are much nicer.

haha this makes me laugh NO CHANCE!!!
  • Xandi
    Xandi Posts: 319
    Options
    Damn I kinda was digging the honest approach... :)
  • robinxhope
    robinxhope Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I had a guy ACTUALLY ask me "What race are you?". WTF?
  • DeeJayTJ
    DeeJayTJ Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    its a two way street. the things guys say to you, im sure some women say to guys.

now that im in shape and all that, i get a lot more attention, women are very to the point.....
  • SetecAstronomy
    SetecAstronomy Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Do you notice that guys are more douchy than normal? Ha I had a guy seriously have this conversation with me today!
    GUY: what day are you off this week?
    me:thurs
    guy: thursday it is
    me: ok what u wanna do?
    guy: lunch and sex
    me: excuse me, sorry i dont do that.
    guy: well if im gonna be honest if there is no sex involved i really dont want to hang out.
    me: your mom should have swallowed.

The last 4 guys that have asked me out have been like this...what the heck?
    It semi makes me want to be fat bc i dont ever remember ever dealing with this when i was :( (Rant over, feel free to comment)

I apologize on behalf of my gender.
  • fitaliciag
    Options
    WOW! What a douche! I am sorry you had to deal with that. Yes, it does come with the territory, unfortunately, but I think you handled it well. I am quite the *kitten* to those kind of guys. I would have ripped his ego out and set it on fire with one of my dirty looks along with what you said ;-)
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Do you notice that guys are more douchy than normal? Ha I had a guy seriously have this conversation with me today!
    guy: well if im gonna be honest if there is no sex involved i really dont want to hang out.

It semi makes me want to be fat bc i dont ever remember ever dealing with this when i was :( (Rant over, feel free to comment)
    Yes, one sure way not to get the attention of guys is to put on the weight, and you'll seldom have this issue from a sober guy worth half a look.
    Or maybe you might want to consider a higher class of people to associate.

Not all guys are so crude and unromantic.
    But don't kid yourself.

No matter the approach, they all want and need the same thing from you. That's just nature.
    Accept it on your own terms, and ENJOY!

I've been with the same lady since we were 16, and I still need to accept intimacy totally on her terms.
    Remember, when it comes to romance and love, you hold all the cards.
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    You live in an area full of *kitten*?

This, I have been hit on a lot more but it is almost always tactful and respectful, not to mention those goofy and just plain silly ones :laugh: So sweet!!!
  • amonkey794
    amonkey794 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I apologize on behalf of my gender.

Apology accepted lol
  • kellyrsmith82
    Options
    Gain the weight back.

So why does she have to gain the weight back bc some guys are being disrespectful? Just because she has worked her butt off to lose the weight dont mean she has to put up with that crap!
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    It must be in the air...

The most gentlemanly men I have met lately are all on MFP. Thanks guys! :drinker:
  • supershiny
    supershiny Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I can relate to that. I've had similar experiences before. This is actually one of the reasons it has been hard for me to keep the weight off. I lost all of my extra weight once before and the attention it garnered was very triggering for me. I know that women must do this sort of objectification to men, but the difference is that I have been afraid for my life when I have been cornered by creeps on the bus, sidewalk, and cafes due to their persistence and brashness.

Bottom line: when you are much smaller than the other person, the attention becomes much more impactful and scary.

also lol @ your mom should have swallowed! best comeback ever, will use that next time :)
  • alliecore
    alliecore Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Wow........just wow. I've never had a guy be so disrespectful. Your comeback was awesome though! :drinker:
  • Banks01
    Banks01 Posts: 985 Member
    Options

It's the garage sale

Hahaha
  • lyssamichelle
    lyssamichelle Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    Even fat I have to deal with that.
    Like I give off some overweight easy slut vibe or something.
    Kind of worried what it would be like when I get down to my goal.
    I'm terribly sorry this happens to you.