Any active vegans or vegetarians on here?! :)

Options

Replies

• melisa602
    Options
    I'm Vegan! :)
  • crunchybubblez
    crunchybubblez Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I'm mostly vegan (newbie) going on 3 months.
    My diet is mostly plant based,
    but I do eat fish on the rare occassion.
  • crunchybubblez
    Options
    I'm mostly vegetarian. I found that it helped with my joint pain a lot. I do still eat fish on occasion but about 90% of the time I'm veggie. I have issues with my love for cheese but am working on that right now. I take a whey protien suppliment 3 times a day and when I eat pasta I eat whole wheat and more raw veggies. I'm relatively new to vegetarianism (about 1 year) but I have never felt better. Feel free to add me if you'd like.

Have you tried vegan cheese?
    It's good melted.
  • crunchybubblez
    Options
    I add veggies into my smoothies.
    Sometimes I'll make "scrambled eggs" (tofu) with veggies and vegan shredded cheese.
    I just started using this stuff called Amazing Meal.
    You have one scoop in 8oz of liquid.
    It's loaded with lots of good stuff. I like it so far.
    Another idea... Those veggie skillets I always used to see in menus like Denny's.
    I bet those would be good home made.
  • RogerF765
    RogerF765 Posts: 113
    Options
    I'm mostly vegetarian. I found that it helped with my joint pain a lot. I do still eat fish on occasion but about 90% of the time I'm veggie. I have issues with my love for cheese but am working on that right now. I take a whey protien suppliment 3 times a day and when I eat pasta I eat whole wheat and more raw veggies. I'm relatively new to vegetarianism (about 1 year) but I have never felt better. Feel free to add me if you'd like.

It's good melted.

I tried it and I liked it. I've also made burritos with seasoned tofu and the vegan cheese shreds and that was good as well. I'm always looking for new things to eat and since I'm the only one that eats veggie in my house it's a bit of a challenge sometimes.
  • gingerb85
    gingerb85 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan. My biggest concern was iron because I was slightly anemic even before dropping meat from my diet. I shouldn't have worried - even without paying attention to it, my anemia disappeared on a vegan diet and that was without iron supplementation.
  • chelseaalicia
    chelseaalicia Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian!

I am usually fine with carbs and fat, but getting substantial amounts of protein can get boring with protein powder all the time... Anyway- I've been doing things like pancakes with protein powder/oats/cocoa for breakfast that are awesome and a nice alternative.

As for other meals... I love curries/soups, etc- lots of substance without overloading on carbs/calories...
  • raevynn
    raevynn Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Vegan here... mostly keeping my sodium levels down... and eating whilst traveling....

And being more active is important.
  • AelaTheHuntress
    Options
    I am vegan. Bit of an overeater and vegan food is outrageously good. Not all of it is terribly slimming either. I am working on making better choices so that I can finally be a thin vegan instead of one that people have a hard time believing. It's true folks, you can get very tubby on vegan food!
  • krystinaarlene
    krystinaarlene Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm mostly vegan but I do eat fish sometimes. I didnt for 3 years but about six months ago I started eating it occ
    casionally. I very seldomly eat cheese or eggs and I never drink milk.

One of my favorite things to have for breakfast (or really anytime) is a veggie scramble with or without tofu. I use onions, spinach, broccoli, green and red peppers, mushrooms and lots of salsa! Sometimes I throw a little cilantro in there too.
  • ccgisme
    ccgisme Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Vegan here. Rather new - going on three months and I absolutely love it! Can't believe I'm (apparently) one of two guys to respond to this thread... Come on fellas!
  • kristelpoole
    kristelpoole Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I'm 90% vegetarian, 10% pescetarian. I cook for me and my omnivore BF, but we never have meat in the house. Our resolution this year is to eat less processed foods, so I guess you could say that TIME is our biggest obstacle. I cook a lot, I even have a cooking blog, but taking the time to prepare meals in advance would definitely be my biggest challenge with eating a clean diet.
  • jenpin74
    Options

It's good melted.

What is vegan cheese? Do you mean the almond cheese, etc? I didn't love that stuff. Are there others?
  • alexandria412
    alexandria412 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I'm an active vegetarian!

I tried transitioning to veganism, but really struggled with lean protein as I increased my activity level.

I sent you a friend request :)

Anyone else can feel free to add me, as well! I love having veg friends and seeing what y'all are eating.
  • Krahn1984
    Krahn1984 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegan!
  • Krahn1984
    Options
    e
  • Krahn1984
    Options

It's good melted.

I started following a vegan diet to see if it'll help control my inflammation and joint pain (autoimmune disease). So far, it has been great! I'm able to manage, feel better or the same than I did when I took all my meds. Vegan and med free :)
  • mixmastermolly
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian and do pretty well with vegetarian meals/recipes/snacks.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    What's an inactive vegan?