Eggs-whites or yolks?

Options
2»

Replies

• JellyJaks
    JellyJaks Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I prefer the whole egg but if I had to choose, I definitely prefer the yoke. Now I want some eggs :laugh:
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Hard-boiled egg whites.
    ALL DAY. <3

Thanks for reminding me that I need to cook some. [:
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I love eggs, i eat them almost every day.
  • thcri
    thcri Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Raw is pretty darn good.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    Yolk!!
  • malliexo
    malliexo Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I like egg-whites, but if you're a yolk fan try this.

For every 2 egg whites do half an egg yolk. All you have to do is pinch the egg yolk and drain half of it into your eggs. You still get the flavor of the egg yolk and less calories!
  • SwankyTomato
    SwankyTomato Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    the whites are great for you packed with protein with out all the fat (the fat is in the yolk) I however do like both parts. I make scrambled eggs using 1 whole egg and 1 egg white. I occasionally have an egg white omelet but thats just because I want to eat cheese on it:)

Might have to try that. Always looking to cut the fat.

I like eggs in all forms.
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    The fat in the yolk are monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats which get rid of saturated fats... So it is like a fat burner, people are misconceived about the yolk, and that is where all of the vitamins are too.

[

Yes, but, that's also where loads of cholesterol is. They aren't bad every once in a while, but the healthy person should have less than 300 mg of cholesterol a day, and too many yolks in one day or eating them every day can elevate cholesterol levels.
  • brittanyjeanxo
    Options
    Fried, scambled or devil eggs I like both

Hard boiled though I have never eaten the yolks, which my siblings loved so they also fought over my yolk LOL

I LOVE deviled eggs, always have though. I will seriously eat the **** out of those things. Hard boiled I've tried, and I can tolerate the yolk with a little salt, but the white is just bleh. The only reason I eat it on the deviled eggs is because i'll look like a pig if I just eat the filling with a spoon :laugh:
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Yes, but, that's also where loads of cholesterol is. They aren't bad every once in a while, but the healthy person should have less than 300 mg of cholesterol a day, and too many yolks in one day or eating them every day can elevate cholesterol levels.

Yes and no.

"Concerned about the cholesterol in egg yolks? Worried about protecting your heart health? Egg yolks have long been maligned because of their cholesterol content, but cholesterol itself does not cause heart disease. In fact, while LDL, a major carrier of cholesterol in the blood, does have a role in heart disease, it is when poor metablism, deficient diets, and toxins destroy the LDL particle that heart disease develops."

http://www.cholesterol-and-health.com/Egg_Yolk.html

Eat a couple of eggs a day! It's good for you.
  • dalgal26
    dalgal26 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Whole eggs
  • nihummel
    nihummel Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I eat 3 egg whites and just half a yolk every morning for breakfast! I MUST add the half of yolk for a little flavor! I LOVE EGGS and love them any way you give them to me! :)
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    All the protein is in the white, all the other good nutrients are in the yolk... eat the whole thing for an all round nutritious nom nom!
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    i eat the WHOLE thing. lol. egg whites taste nasty as far as im concerned.
  • groovybeenz
    groovybeenz Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I love egg whites, can't stand yolks.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,251 Member
    Options
    Eat all the eggs!!!!!
  • brittanyjeanxo
    Options

Yes and no.

"Concerned about the cholesterol in egg yolks? Worried about protecting your heart health? Egg yolks have long been maligned because of their cholesterol content, but cholesterol itself does not cause heart disease. In fact, while LDL, a major carrier of cholesterol in the blood, does have a role in heart disease, it is when poor metablism, deficient diets, and toxins destroy the LDL particle that heart disease develops."

http://www.cholesterol-and-health.com/Egg_Yolk.html

Eat a couple of eggs a day! It's good for you.

Yepp, that is true! However, I didn't say heart disease, I said high cholesterol. Buttt, I agree that the yolks are still good for you, especially if your cholesterol is very good. Me, I will scramble, say, 3 egg whites and 1 whole egg so I can get the nutrients from it. :)
  • xcrushx28
    xcrushx28 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I limit myself to no more than 2 yolk a day, but mainly because of the cholesterol. As far as egg whites go I'll have as many as needed whilst hitting macros surgically.