Smoothies =)

Options
clindstrom520
clindstrom520 Posts: 14 Member
Anyone have any good smoothie recipes that are healthy you would like to share???

Replies

• starcollapsing
    starcollapsing Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I just made one for breakfast tomorrow morning (leaving it in the fridge overnight). Cherries, fat free greek yogurt & a little almond milk. This morning I had one the same but with persimmon instead of cherries & it was delicious!
  • lupa01
    lupa01 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I use the EAS Vanilla Soy Protein, I only use a half a scoop because of the sugar content; I blend (in a blender) with about 4-5 oz of water. I add a cup of frozen peaches with no sugar added, and half a frozen banana, and add splenda for sweetness. Blend well, making sure the fruit is completely blended, and it comes out like a milkshake, and because the fruit is frozen you don't need to add ice. Tastes great!! I have also used strawberries and mangos, but I find that adding the half banana to any fruit enhances the flavor. Before I started using the protein powder I used 1% milk, and just combined the fruit, splenda and a little vanilla extract. This also tastes VERY GOOD! Good luck to you!!:bigsmile:
  • wildiriss
    wildiriss Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Smoothies are my favorite!! I have plenty of recipes, feel free to add me and I'd be happy to share.. here's a good one, it's my favorite for breakfast.

Mixed Berry Smoothie with Flaxseed

1 cup Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice
    1 banana
    1/2 cup lowfat vanilla yogurt
    2 cups frozen mixed berries
    3 tbsp. ground flax seed

Add orange juice and flax seed to blender, followed by banana, berries, and yogurt. Blend until smooth, and enjoy!

Serves 2
    Calories per serving: 258
    (Good) Fat per serving: about 6g
  • tara_1109
    tara_1109 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    This is what I make for me and my 17 month old:

1 c. lowfat vanilla greek yogurt
    good splash of cranberry juice
    handful of fresh spinach
    (pulse to blend after these 3 ingredients)
    then add any frozen fruit you have
    I use all kinds; bluebrries, bananas, strawberries, peaches, mixed berries...

Then we sit in the floor, crash toy trucks, and slurp smoothies!
  • 1prettysmile
    Options
    I mix and match ingredients, especially the fruit, depending on what I'm in the mood for. I keep most of the foundation ingredients the same.

Designer Whey Protein Powder
    Kefir, Greek Yogurt, Coconut Milk, OR Coconut Water
    Green Food, Red Food
    Maca Powder
    Chia Seeds
    Goji Berries
    Cocoa Powder
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    1 Banana
    2tbsp Honey