lost 9 pounds but jeans still fit tight?

Options
i weighed myself at anytime fitness today (thats where i work out) and it was those scales that you see at the doctors where the thing has to balance. last week at the doctor i was at 204 pounds and started watching my diet, excersizing more, and started MFP. So i get weighed today and im around 195 supposedly. the guy helped me on weighing myself and i saw him balance the weights out on the scale. so if i lost ''9'' pounds, why do my jeans still feel tight? in fact, they feel tighter, but i havent worn them in a week either. i been doing 2 miles on the elliptical and walk a mile on the treadmill and lift weights. i been at the gym for a week. im also counting calories and eating better. idk whats going on? plz help!!!!

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    Lost water weight. It takes time to lose actual fat weight.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Kromero09
    Options
    Lost water weight. It takes time to lose actual fat weight.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

thanks that helps so i shouldnt get my hopes up right now. just gotta keep doing what im doing and hopefully see results at the end of this month. i really want to lose 50 pounds by the end of the summer or something. i know this takes time but im going thru it
  • chrischinchilla
    chrischinchilla Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Don't rush it. I've heard that you lose about one inch of your waist for every 10 lbs. lost. I've lost 25 pounds so far and I've gone from a size 38 to a size 36. And it really wasn't until around 15 lbs that I started noticing it. Your body shape will take time to change. Keep working. Don't expect those jeans to fit for yet a while longer. Just be patient, and again, KEEP WORKING. You'll get there. My goal is that I want to go from a size 38 waist to a size 32 waist--that means I have to lose 60 POUNDS!! I've committed myself to it, and nothing's gonna deter me. It should be the same for you. I know I'm rambling and repeating myself, but I just know how you feel: first ten pounds I thought to myself, "Dammit, is this even paying off?" My girlfriend at the time told me what I'm telling you: "Yes, it will. Just be patient and keep at it. You'll get there." She was right. Good luck to you; be patient.
  • rdzilla
    rdzilla Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    No two scales will ever give you the same weight measurement. In fact, my doctor's scale was always way worse than my digital one at home. Just be patient and disciplined and those jeans will loosen up.
  • Kromero09
    Options
    Don't rush it. I've heard that you lose about one inch of your waist for every 10 lbs. lost. I've lost 25 pounds so far and I've gone from a size 38 to a size 36. And it really wasn't until around 15 lbs that I started noticing it. Your body shape will take time to change. Keep working. Don't expect those to fit for yet a while longer. Just be patient, and again, KEEP WORKING. You'll get there. My goal is that I want to go from a size 38 waist to a size 32 waist--that means I have to lose 60 POUNDS!! I've committed myself to it, and nothing's gonna deter me. It should be the same for you. I know I'm rambling and repeating myself, but I just know how you feel: first ten pounds I thought to myself, "Dammit, is this even paying off?" My girlfriend at the time told me what I'm telling you: "Yes, it will. Just be patient and keep at it. You'll get there." She was right. Good luck to you; be patient.

thanks much! you gave me more motivation! well i want to go back to my size 11s the most! idk what waist that is but i wear like the 2nd to big waist size at the buckle which is waist 34 :( but youre right! it will take time i just gotta keep working at it!
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    You are taking two weights measured on different scales under different conditions and I presume (fully) clothed in both instances. Although all scales should be calibrated to the same standards, public scales that are used a lot often get out of kilter and are not as accurate. Digital scales based on sensors tend to be more accurate.

Moreover, you're not going to see a huge difference in body shape in just a week, even if you do "lose" weight. You might see a change over 3-4 weeks, but it can take longer and even if you do lose fat, there's no guarantee it's going to come off your thighs, hips, buns or waist. You cannot target fat loss...

But don't lose heart... this is a marathon, not a sprint. I know it's hard, but you just have to remain patient and believe in yourself and the results will become self-evident over time :flowerforyou:
  • SupernovaLeon
    Options
    Don't rush it. I've heard that you lose about one inch of your waist for every 10 lbs. lost. I've lost 25 pounds so far and I've gone from a size 38 to a size 36. And it really wasn't until around 15 lbs that I started noticing it. Your body shape will take time to change. Keep working. Don't expect those jeans to fit for yet a while longer. Just be patient, and again, KEEP WORKING. You'll get there. My goal is that I want to go from a size 38 waist to a size 32 waist--that means I have to lose 60 POUNDS!! I've committed myself to it, and nothing's gonna deter me. It should be the same for you. I know I'm rambling and repeating myself, but I just know how you feel: first ten pounds I thought to myself, "Dammit, is this even paying off?" My girlfriend at the time told me what I'm telling you: "Yes, it will. Just be patient and keep at it. You'll get there." She was right. Good luck to you; be patient.
    Great advice!