If Barbie was a REAL WOMAN. pics

Replies

• shasha_84
    shasha_84 Posts: 170
    I'm probably the only one in this thread not paying attention to the barbie doll :)

Nope..me too :laugh: :laugh:

There was a Barbie Doll in the pic??? :wink: :laugh:
    typical men
  • It's just a doll? I personally hated them as a kid and used to rip my sisters ones heads off. I just don't get what all the fuss about dolls my 6yr old has a couple of barbies and a couple of bratz dolls and the bratz are completely out of proportion but I'm pretty sure she's not going to want to grow up to have a head 3 times bigger than her body.

lmao so true!!
  • schwarzaj
    schwarzaj Posts: 47 Member
    damnnnn, real barbie would be so hot!
  • nsimportant
    nsimportant Posts: 170 Member
    Oky whats the deal with it its a doll there are many dolls that portray man in the same disproportional way.
    And whoever made the big barbie doll didnt hit the measurements correctly its totally different then the little barbie just look at the breasts.
    Yes i agree "real woman" look better then barbie dolls but they come in all sizes and shapes some have double hips, some have wider hip bones etc..
    These are all fit woman.
    379015_338581966167085_124028217622462_1188070_2120433618_n.jpg
    And there is another nice link here
    http://www.thelingerieaddict.com/2011/12/body-image-body-snark.html

And considering the male fit look that is going all over the place that forces alot of guys into single digits numbers and makes em obsessed about their six packs and doing all the weird stuff to keep low body fat is considered healthy and fit ... I wonder...
  • yogibella
    yogibella Posts: 321 Member
    I hated barbies growing up too...used to cut off all their hair and they smelled funny! And they always came in slutty clothes and perpetual 4" hooker heels. My girlfriend had the whole Malibu mansion, convertible car, Ken & other playmates and we would play for hours together but I found my brother's toys more interesting!

I realize it's just a doll. The real disturbing thing is that back in the day a bunch of men marketers in suits sat around in a room thinking that this doll would somehow represent the ideal, aspirational woman, the woman little girls would fantasize about, would wanna play with and was a reflection of women in society at the time. So misguided and times have changed. Hopefully.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Am I the only person who's annoyed by this Barbie nonsense? Growing up, I was overweight and never ONCE did I sit there with my Barbies (i had like, fifty of them) and say "I want to be EXACTLY like Barbie! Proportions and all! I agree that an unhealthy body image is horrible, but Barbie is a toy!

Sigh, rant over.

Now her pink convertible? THAT I wanted ! :laugh:
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Slumber Party Barbie was introduced in 1965 and came with a bathroom scale permanently set at 110 lbs with a book entitled "How to Lose Weight" with directions inside stating simply "Don't eat."

Seriously? Someone thought this was a good idea?
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    I'm probably the only one in this thread not paying attention to the barbie doll :)

what barbie doll..

*edit* I found the barbie doll! It was hiding in front of the naked chick!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Seriously people its a freaking doll. I dont understand how anyone could look at a barbie and think thats what they need to look like. It would be kinda hard to get the smooth crotch anyways.
    I get so sick of the constant "omg society is pressureing me to look like this" " I played with barbies so I have to look like her" wah wah wah we all have brains and should be using them to think for ourselves.I just dont get it.
    I also dont rember anywhere on barbies package where it said hey little girls you need to look like this!! I could have missed it because i was busy ripping of theire heads and burning them though.
    My daughter plays with monster high dolls they kind of look a little sway back to me with an *kitten* that sticks out 3 feet should i be worried about my daughter?
    omg would if she starts playing with bratz dolls those things look like a mix between a hollywood blv street walker and an alien grey
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,805 Member

And considering the male fit look that is going all over the place that forces alot of guys into single digits numbers and makes em obsessed about their six packs and doing all the weird stuff to keep low body fat is considered healthy and fit ... I wonder...

^
  • Peep_chic
    Peep_chic Posts: 369 Member
    It would be good for barbie to change. I frankly feel a little stronger about photoshopped magazines.
    I saw an interview and it is widely recognized that now days ALL magazines are photoshopped. A lot of women want to look like
    the women from magazines. I loved the dove campaing for real beauty. This is one of the videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYhCn0jf46U
  • anhancock10
    anhancock10 Posts: 148 Member

No i agree that girl is HOTT:)
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Funny thing I noticed the other day. My 4 year old daughter plays with Barbies. She has the newer ones and one of my wife's old ones from when she was a kid. The new barbies are proportioned a lot more realistic thant he old ones.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,832 Member
    It would be good for barbie to change. I frankly feel a little stronger about photoshopped magazines.
    I saw an interview and it is widely recognized that now days ALL magazines are photoshopped. A lot of women want to look like
    the women from magazines. I loved the dove campaing for real beauty. This is one of the videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYhCn0jf46U

Agreed, it's not so much the Barbie that bothers me, but the fact that girls are comparing themselves to real people who don't even really look like what they are being portrayed as.

Also, Fruit of the Loom has REAL women in their commercials.
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    I want GI Joes stats! i don't wanna look like Barbie
  • HAHAHAHA too funny and you wonder why we have image issues
  • I want GI Joes stats! i don't wanna look like Barbie

haha Scott I promise you look much more like GI Joe than barbie ;)
  • NeedANewFocus
    NeedANewFocus Posts: 898 Member
    *LIKE*
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    He-mantoy83.jpg

what kind of message is this sending the poor little boys
  • Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member

There was a Barbie Doll in the pic??? :wink: :laugh:

Here's what i didn't "like" about that pic..the barbie doll.