Gym NSV :)

Options
Nikki582
Nikki582 Posts: 561 Member
So a while back I posted a few Lol Gym N00b What Do I Do posts when I joined my gym.

I'm loving the gym, I go at least 4 days a week, sometimes more if the weather forces me inside for cardio.. I do their group-fitness classes too,without fail. But i don't talk to anyone, just the trainers.

Anyway, today I got a phone call from the manager - she was calling to tell me I'd been voted January's Member Of The Month!! :noway: I was STUNNED! I felt really chuffed :) Apparently this means my photo on the wall, and she did a short survey to put up there.

And when I went there, a couple of staff members who I don't often have much to do with came up and congratulated me. :) I was really excited, this is the first month they've done it too :D So good to be recognised for doing hard work - I'm not one of the skinny elliptical warriors, nor one of the super-buff guys in the weights rooms.. just a frumpy, overweight chick, in a pink top doing her thing.. with a bit of determination in her eyes. :)

Replies

• alisha17m
    alisha17m Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    That is some awesome recognition!

And probably motivation too! Well done :)
  • Nikki582
    Options
    Massive motivation, after getting off the phone I went and did the ABT class there, really pushed me along to do it harder :D
  • lowliar
    lowliar Posts: 26
    Options
    That's great to hear, good for you! My gym doesn't have a "Member of the Month", but I'll never forget the one time my coach (who is normally a super critical, gruff angry guy) came up to me when I was doing burpees and told me, "Good for you, man. If there is a most improved guy here for conditioning, I think you're it." It's the most amazing feeling to be recognized for hard work. Congrats again, and keep it up!
  • Nikki582
    Options
    That's cool Lowliar! One of my group fitness trainers texted me half an hour after a session to compliment me on how hard I work, that was pretty cool. I love encouraging and acknowledging people!
  • leestanley3
    leestanley3 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    That is brilliant just icing on the cake for you and all of your hard work!! Well done! :-)
  • elledo
    elledo Posts: 80
    Options
    You must be kicking a****. Way to go!
  • GrammyWhammy
    GrammyWhammy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Good for you Nikki! :flowerforyou: It's always nice when someone recognizes your determination and spirit.

Though not as great a compliment with recognition like yours, my gym had a Maintain Campaign throughout the holidays and last week awarded me 5 movie gift cards and a concession (like I really need movie treats!) gift card. All for losing 12+ lbs in December.

Your accomplishment will be a great motivator for others at your gym. Congrats!
  • Nikki582
    Options
    :D Thanks all! I was so stunned when I got the phone call! Nothing I'd expected at all. :)
  • Hurricane_C
    Hurricane_C Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Dumb question, but what does NSV mean?
  • Nikki582
    Options
    Non-Scale-Victory :)
  • nau05242
    nau05242 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    This is lovely! Well done, you must feel really great about it!

Exxx
  • niknak2308
    niknak2308 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Aw how lovely of them, well done on earning it!!
  • caramkoala
    caramkoala Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    That is uber-cool! Well done you! I reckon you should jot down a quick note for the suggestion box...

Maybe 'Members of the Month' could win a workout top with "I made member of the month at xxx gym" printed on the back?

The gym might go for having someone like you giving them free advertising when you're tearing up the pavement outside...

they could even make them in...pink!

Congrats to you!
  • 5Btieden
    5Btieden Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!!!!!!!! Good for you!! You go girl!!
  • gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    Options
    Way to go Nikki.

You always inspire me sister !
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Wow great NSV, bet you are so pleased with yourself!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!