Need Suggestions from Fellow "Banders"

Options
If you had LAP-BAND surgery, I'm sending out an S.M.S... Save My Stomach! LOL And whether you are banded or not, feel free to add me if you so desire...

Okay here's the situation...my parents went away on a week's vacation and left the keys to the brand new Porsche...

(oops, sorry...I channeled my inner Fresh Prince there for a moment)

*ahem*

Okay last month I was in a car accident (no, not in a Porsche). It could have been a lot worse...no one was killed and each of the cars involved were still drivable. But I was hurt, and have been going through physical therapy about 3 times a week since mid-December. I was told NOT to exercise until after PT was completed and the doctors clear me to go back to doing it.

Prior to the accident I was hitting the treadmill about 5-6 days a week and burning a good amount of calories.

Adding a further variable to the mix: My new insurance does not have bariatric benefits, which means I cannot see my doctor to get adjustments without having to pay the full office fee, which is $150. My insurance last year did not have them either, and I was required to go every 6 weeks after surgery for adjustments. (My anniversary for being banded is 1 year tomorrow.) Suffice to say, last year was a very expensive year for me, and I scaled back on projected expenses for 2012 because I thought my new insurance would be better. This is what I get for thinking, but I digress.

I'd like to get some suggestions from fellow "banders" regarding foods that are keeping you satiated in-between meals. I have a desk job and have discovered myself "grazing", and I've been trying to keep it healthy but the choices are just not satisfying, and I'm sure part of the problem is that they are not protein-based choices. Consequently, between that and not exercising, I'm finding myself consistently going over on my calories, and as a result I'm starting to GAIN weight.

So I ask you...what are YOU eating in-between meals to get satiated?

Replies

• kim457
    kim457 Posts: 15
    Options
    protein bars and slim fast satisfy me. The key is self control tho, even with the band, sometimes we gotta go hungry :-(
  • TGSgirl2017
    TGSgirl2017 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have the band but my insurance covers my office visits and fills, could you talk to your doctor about paymeent options?
  • SetecAstronomy
    SetecAstronomy Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I have the band but my insurance covers my office visits and fills, could you talk to your doctor about paymeent options?
    Well my doctor does take CareCredit and I would generally have 6 months to pay it off with no interest, but I already took advantage of that -- twice -- late last year and I need to try to reduce my debt. Maybe come mid-year I will re-assess the situation, but for now I just want to see what I can do to get by on dietary adjustments.