Anyone 5"7...?

Options
Hi there...
I'm not exactly new here. I've been using fitness pal on my phone for the last few months and never thought to try it out on my laptop. I had NOOO idea how cool the 'community' was. I'm so happy I found it as I love weight loss forums and blogs and all your stories are so inspirational.
I was wondering if theres anyone on here who's 5"7 (170cm) with a starting weight above 160lbs. If so could you direct/show me to any of your progress pictures. Obviously looking at people around my height gives me a better view of how I could look. Even though I know everyone is built different. It would just be really helpful. :-D

Replies

• ktbabie123
    Options
    Hey! I'm 5'7.5 I am around 150 right now- my pictures I have on my profile are all at 150, I'm trying to get to 138- mainly for my belly area- I've had two kids and its really hard to get that area down. I have do a lot of lifting weights as well as cardio to maintain, I joined this site to try and lose the extra weight by watching my calories on top of working out. :)
  • ANNABELLEMoorsey
    Options
    Oh wow I just looked at your pics and you look fabulous. I'm exactly like you... Really want to get a flat stomach. I'm at 180lbs now, hoping that when I get to my target it will be relatively flat which I could live with. Thank you for replying :smile:
  • dreamtoned10
    dreamtoned10 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Im 5"7 my goal weight is 136, as Im able to mantain that weight and not feel deprived, and I dont like the SuperSkinny look (just not my personal taste but I think it suits other people) Im currently 140lbs.....my two profile pics apart from the dog are 142lbs When I reach 136 Ill post pics...feel free to add me xx
  • missodu
    missodu Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Hola!
    I'm 5'7. I topped out at my heaviest at 224. I lost 20 pounds 2 years ago and have just maintained that b/c of my lack of motivation. Since using this tool and working out (a week strong), I have lost 5 pounds and am down to 199. My goal weight is 150/155. In my profile pic, I am at 204. I know I don't look it but that is b/c muscle weighs more than fat and I was an athlete throughout high school. There is a lot of muscle underneath this layer of fat. I will post pics at 180 and then win I reach my goal. Everyone looks different and carries their weight differently.
  • Cloud_Dancer
    Options
    5'7 here as well. I topped out at 300 many years ago. I got down to 164, then gained some back. Around 200 right now, and starting back to go back down. My goal is 130-140. I figure once I get closer to 140, I'll see how that looks on me before I go any lower. Everyone is different and everyone holds their weight differently, so it is hard to tell what weight a person should be until you get closer to it. I am larger boned, and large chested, so I gain weight and lose it all over. I'm hour-glass figured as well. Feel free to add me!
  • errickab24
    errickab24 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I'm 5'7 and currently at 184. When I first started 2 weeks ago I was @ 191 lbs.. I haven't uploaded any pictures I was wayyy to emberassed but now that I have seen ppl just put them out there, i have gotten the courage to do it..

I'v been intaking only 1200 calories and I have been working as well along with drinking a lot of water..

Good luck !!
  • silviacorrea
    Options
    Hello,
    I'm 5'7 and 152... I joined in December, but went out of the country for a couple of weeks and I'm now starting to use the site. My goal weight is 135. My weight is usually around 145-147, so I'm few pounds heavier. I would like to go down to 135 for a few reasons. First I just got engaged and we are planning to get married in December. Also, I'm running my first marathon in May, and although I have been running a a few years and have completed a couple of half-marathons, I think I'll do a better time if I drop a few pounds. Feel free to add me.

Cheers!
  • ashiggins
    ashiggins Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm 5'7", 22 years old, and my highest weight was around 167lb. Now, I'm at 160lb and carry my weight pretty proportionally and have a goal of reaching 140lbs by May 1st. If you want specific support from someone with similar goals, feel free to add me. Good luck!
  • Shelly2706
    Shelly2706 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey there

after having my second lil one my weight is as high as never before... i started a week ago at 188lbs. today i am at 183lbs.
    my goal is 155-150lbs... im am not 5' 7 but 5'8 lol not a big difference though.... ;)
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I just posted a thread here. I have lost 39 lbs. You can feel free to add me if you want. I'm a bit heavier than you want but we are the same height and have a similar goal weight.
  • blkasper
    blkasper Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and a 1/2 I think...I always say I am 5"8. I was once 318 lbs....and the lowest I got down too was 148 for a day. I was very comfortable @ 160. I was wearing a size 8-10. Last week when I joined MFP I was 196. My goal is 163. (I would love 155, but I dont know if I can STAY there!) I have some pics on my profile, but I need to add more.
  • mocha1975
    Options
    Hi I'm 5"7. Like you I use my iPhone app (about 95% of the time) and missed out majorly on the 'community'. Iv found a way to access the message boards on my app (go to general questions, click on 'can I really lose weight' then one of the links). Nevertheless, the app doesn't allow you to add any more pics apart from your profile pic, so at some point I will get on to my laptop! My start weight was 172, I have lost 29lbs to date and am currently hovering at 143lbs (this is my weight in my current profile pic). I initially set my goal weight to 125 but I think I may look ill!!! So I have set a mini goal of 133lbs and see how I look and feel. I will add comparison pics of my weight loss journey when I get the chance, so all of you please feel free to add me as a friend - it's great to have motivation from people who are on a similar journey. 
  • elledo
    elledo Posts: 80
    Options
    This might help....someone posted it on here the other day :) You just enter your height and goal weight and it will show you pictures of real women with the same numbers.

http://www.mybodygallery.com/
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Hi, Im 5'7 and was 11stone 5 (159), Im now 10'2 (142). My goal was 140lb but happy as I am so just changed to maintenance and will see how it goes.

Feel free to send friend request x
  • Louise12
    Louise12 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Hello I am also 5'7.. I was 188 pounds 2 and a half years ago ... I am not 148 pound with a goal of 140 ...

I started with running .... which i never thought i would like but did and sure enough when i got into running I just didnt want to eat rubbish anymore .. so i started eating healthily !. Over the years I have joined a gym - I work our 4-5 times a week .. and also found my love for Jillian Michaels! I make sure I have 2 rest days and my food goal is 1360 .. I eat some of my exercise cals back too .. or all of them if I am hungry.

Goodluck on your journey ! Add me if you like, i always welcome more friends!
  • candyflee
    candyflee Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'7 and currently at 138 (was 141 two weeks ago), my goal is 126, feel free to add me x
  • tminus31
    Options
    Hello, I am 5'7" as well and currently at 162.6 pounds. My goal weight would be around 135, if i can ever reach that, i think I would be ok with 145. I havent added many pictures yet because I just started using this like a week or so ago, so far so good though. Add me if you like, thanks.
  • Chocolatelover81
    Options
    I am also 5"7.....i had 3 kids my youngest being 16 months. My main problem is by stomach and ab area. I cant seem to get it flat the way i want without doing crunches. I'm hoping this will help me. Does anyone have any other suggestions to help flatten besides crunches? i hate doing them and i am looking for an alternative. i have only been doing Myfitnesspal for 2 weeks and i love it
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm close at 5' 8" and started well above 160. I've lost 111 pounds within one year on mfp. Here's a link to my pictures.

http://s1087.photobucket.com/albums/j477/keeponkickin/

fatfatfat.jpg
    009.jpg
  • chocciechip
    chocciechip Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hiya, I'm 5'7/5'8 starting weight was just above 180 I walk to work each day which is about a mile each way, and started making sure I add all my recipes in to my database so that I can see what I am consuming clearly :) I also try go to the gym 4 nights a week and currently doing the 30 day shred dvd with a group online here :)

feel free to add me
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!