Need Plateau Help

Options
I'm not really on a plateau, but I have been hovering around the same weight for 6 weeks now. I've done everything. I've upped my intake and lowered my intake, increased my activity and decreased my activity. I increased my strength training and incorporated weights. I can definitely see changes in body composition which I am happy about, but I really want to see the scale moving again. Does anyone have any suggestions OTHER than changing my calorie intake and activity levels?

Replies

• Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I've hit a plateau a few times in my lifestyle change. I've found that zig-zagging calories really helps. I'll eat more one day and less another to keep my metabolism guessing. I have been hovering around the same weight for almost 5 months now. I'm pretty sure I am where I am supposed to be and that's probably why I haven't lost weight in so long.
  • livindreams
    Options
    Only thing I can think of is get more sleep if you have already manipulated your calories and exercise. Are are doing the same workouts all the time? Think about changing it up and you have a different deficit and might start losing again.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I'm not really on a plateau, but I have been hovering around the same weight for 6 weeks now. I've done everything. I've upped my intake and lowered my intake, increased my activity and decreased my activity. I increased my strength training and incorporated weights. I can definitely see changes in body composition which I am happy about, but I really want to see the scale moving again. Does anyone have any suggestions OTHER than changing my calorie intake and activity levels?
    Yes, trying tracking bodyfat as well
    Body Fat
    http://www.scientificpsychic.com/fitness/diet.html

And considering your progress so far, it sounds like you need to take your whole program up a notch in intensity.
    That's the key to your future success.
  • Jdplank
    Jdplank Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    People get to caught up on the scale. Have you measured your fat percentage. Its more accurate to keep track of this than what the scale says. If you are lifting weights and building muscle you will gain weight. If you want to lose again back off on strength training and increase cardio. If you are at a good fat percentage then I would be happy. I don't care how much I weigh I just want the fat gone. You cannot lose weight and build muscle at the same time. This may be your problem. Hope you figure it out.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options

Just keep pounding against it, it'll drop with a whoosh when you do break it. Just don't stop, counting your calories and stay active. It'll eventually break and like a dam when you do break it usually you get a weight whoosh.
  • japruzze
    japruzze Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Sometimes your body just says "stop"! Its difficult to hang on but do it and eventually it will kick back in and the scale will start to move. Pick a plan and stick to it for 2-3 weeks - both food and exercise. Stay strong and while the scale isn't changing give yourself something different to at for progress...% body fat, if you have someway to measure, weights (I set a goal to increase my lifting by 15% during one plateau...for me that was from 10 to 12 lbs but it wasn't easy at the time! LOL); time (I went from a 25 min mile to a 15 min mile walking)...something to give yourself a measure of progress that isn't weight. Its not all about the scale!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Yes, trying tracking bodyfat as well
    Body Fat
    http://www.scientificpsychic.com/fitness/diet.html

And considering your progress so far, it sounds like you need to take your whole program up a notch in intensity.
    That's the key to your future success.

Thanks for the link.