Greek Yogurt

Options
I need a brand that has a lot less sugar...help!

Replies

• japruzze
    japruzze Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I use Chobani Plain and add sugar free jelly or fresh fruit. Any of the yogurts - greek or otherwise - with fruit are high in sugar.
  • Cordy1228
    Cordy1228 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I get plain Fage and add my own stuff. I actually add (real) brown sugar to it, and it's not too bad.
  • gregpack
    gregpack Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I'm buying plain 2% greek yogur. It has much less sugar than flavored varieties, but it tastes like sour cream. One cup has 11 carbs, but 22 G of protein. I then "cheat" by adding sugar free drink mix in the flavor of my choice. Crystal lite lemonade mix is great in it.
  • calorieann
    Options
    But it has alot more protein and no high futrose corn syrup like all the others.
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    They will only be low in sugar if it's plain yogurt or with artificial sweetener(which I haven't seen yet but haven't really looked). Get plain and add your own sweetener or toppings so you can control the sugar.
  • Redapplecandie
    Redapplecandie Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I buy the regular unflavored.

Then I add sugar free cheesecake pudding mix, and a different SF pudding mix. Instant cheesecake flavored deliciousness
  • Mi2sc
    Mi2sc Posts: 29
    Options
    Thank you, thank you, thank you...I love greek yougurt, but hate using most of my sugar in one shot! I will try plain and make it fancy :)
  • mcshaw10
    Options
    Fage Nonfat Plain is my favorite pic, and I just add cinnamon to it..yum!
  • clankp22
    clankp22 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I eat Chobani plain greek yogurt and then add a tsp of organic fruit spread that is naturally sweetened.
  • mauigyrl
    mauigyrl Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Fage 0% Plain. I add splenda and sometimes fresh fruit to it.
  • squeeze32
    squeeze32 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Onken Fat Free Natual Yoghurt
    use 1/3 tub

pour about 1/2 your quantity into tall glass, top up with 2 tablespoons of any fruit you wish, add remainder of your yoghurt, add 1 tablespoon Quakers Granola, then top with another 2 tablespoons of fruit (I alter fruit choice). Great for breakfast, after dinner treat or to fill you up and finding not wasting/throwing out any fruit.

You could also use yoghurt as smoothie-base then add fruit etc..
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I'm digging the drink mix and pudding mix ideas! Thanks!
  • judgejava
    Options
    Fage Total 0%....gorgeous, 0 fat, 17 g of protein per 170g pot

I have it plain or mix in some honey
  • kammy92
    kammy92 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I have never tried greek yogurt before but plan on trying it today.............thanks for all the great add in ideas!! Especially the pudding mix!! Sounds yummy!!!:happy:
  • briteyes
    briteyes Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    i just tried the Fage 0% Plain at Costco, they had it as a sample and I was hooked. I bought a big container of it and am loving it with fresh blueberries and honey. So good! I love that it is so high in protein too. And that it tastes like sour cream - i can put it on my tacos and potatoes!
  • Julesong
    Julesong Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Plain Fage and Chobani are what we get. Yum!
  • Amanda_150
    Amanda_150 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I get Kirkland Plain. It comes in a two pack at warehouse stores a total of 64 oz. I add 10 drops of Vanilla Liquid Stevia to 1 cup. Yum Yum!