First day with HRM

Options
Today was my first day with my Heart Rate monitor. It says for my 60 minute workout with my trainer I burned 467 calories.

Seems low to me... Wondering what calories others burn during a workout?

Replies

• brittbergh
    brittbergh Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    what were you doing? what was your intensity level? We all burn differently. I could have been doing the same thing as you and burned more or less, everybody is different. Example last week at one body pump class I burned 500+ calories and this morning I only did about 400.
    I used to pay attention to what my HRM was saying and it really got in my way, now I turn it on and just GO!
  • gbargsley
    Options
    Doing circuit training. Some weights and cardio mixed in. Nothing to high intense.
  • daphnemoon
    daphnemoon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Obviously it would depend on your weight etc but then if you weren't doing anything too intense then the number you quoted sounds likely. If you are doing weight training you will burn some during the work, but weight training will help your metabolism so you will continue to burn calories afterwards, which is always a good thing!

I will burn between 350 - 500 per hour doing weights, and cardio can be anything from 550 - 750 depending on the workout. Unfortunately the HRM will always tell us that we burn less than we *think* we burn. I compared the results of my HRM with one piece of equipment at my gym the other day, and the equipment was telling me that I had burned 7 times more cals than my HRM. I knew these things always exaggerrated but I had no idea by how much!