This is who I am.

Options
I am a 39 year old stay at home mom of 3 and I started this journey weighing 20 lbs more than I did when I gave birth to my youngest daughter. I joined Weight Watchers in Oct and lost 22 lbs in about a month by walking at least 4 miles a day. I even worked myself up to running a 5k in Nov and finished it in less than my 30 min goal. I managed to maintain through Thanksgiving but then Christmas came and I totally fell off the wagon. I have a love/hate relationship w/food and I know a lot of my eating isn't done because I am physycally hungry and I am hoping that understanding that will help me to control it. I joined MFP this morning and I am determined that this day is the beginning of me being back on track. I know that there are probably lots of people out there just like me and I would love to hear about their journey and how they are not only reaching their goals but also how they are managing to stay on track. Welcome to Day 1 of my journey to health, happiness, and reaching my 50 lb weight loss goal.

Replies

• vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. You will find many new friends, support and info here. if you have a question one of your group can't answer the forum search function will often get you the answer quickly, saves starting a new topic, lol.
    There are lots of tools to help you also, explore them and see which you like and much of it is info you need.
    If you see something on a forum and you aren't sure of the science, Google it and look for a reputable website (mayo clinic, Johns Hopkins, that sort of thing).
    Add me as a friend if you like, I will support you, I am on a couple of times a day.
  • wsafe4
    wsafe4 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I've been using MFP since November and am down 10lbs. I too am a stay at home mom of 3. I have been on the same roller coaster as you have and I'm done. I decided to make fitness and feeling good higher priorities than weight loss because I don't want to have to do this again. If it takes a year to loose this extra 40lbs so be it. I want it to stay off this time. I've been at a gym and it wasn't until I started logging food here that tI started to see a change on the scale. It's been helpful. i wish this your last time too.